HOW TO: Replace Fog Lights

Well he claimed they are brighter than stock. I just simply have a driverside bulb out, mine aren't cracked. However, if I could find some that are brighter, great or even an HID kit. Do they make an HID kit for the fogs and if so, how much?

you'd just have to but an HID kit w/ an H3 bulb for the stock fogs...they make them.

speaking of fog lights

whats the easiest cheapest way to toss fogs into a MSP?

can i just buy protege 5 fogs and the brackets/wiring kit and slap that in, or do i need something special?

you'd have to remove the front lip of your 03.5 in order to put the P5 fogs in.

speaking of fog lights

whats the easiest cheapest way to toss fogs into a MSP?

can i just buy protege 5 fogs and the brackets/wiring kit and slap that in, or do i need something special?

Cheapest way for you to do it is as follows

Remove MSP lip and foglight deletes and ship to me.

I will in turn remove Pro5 foglights and brackets from my car adn ship to you.

Shazam! You have foglights in your MSP for teh cost of shipping the lip. (SOB! just realized your in Canadia! Shipping is a beast to there!!)

I just had my fog get a big hole in it, but I fixed it with a lot of glass glue. Doesn't look to bad and it has been working for 2 months now. This is great though in case one completely explodes. Good job!

BrknFog.jpg

FixedFog.jpg

i was talking about any fog lights lol....one of my deletes fell off, so it looks stupid as hell, instead of buying a pack from mazda for like 80 bucks i just want to drop fog lights in...but the only ones i can find with intall brackets are the ones off ebay and thats sketchy as hell lol

And I've heard they don't fit without the chrome bezel, which I personally dont like the look of -- has anyone installed without the bezel, speak up and make known if it fits fine without ...

I have these and had them installed on the car without the bezel. Unless they changed the design, It was more than secure without the bezel for me.

(canada)

Any chance there is a part number or something you could post? I've checked a few Wal-mart's in Canada with no luck.

Thanks in advance

Did you find them?

I haven't searched my local walmart or canadian tire yet, but I found this quickly just by typing NV200C on google:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I replaced one two years ago when I bought the car (there was one broken and repaired like Rockin03mp5 showed) and the same fog light is begining to accumulate dirt in the bottom...
And is not going on for the last week....
I'll change the bulb probably today (not having a garage, I must wait for the weather), but I find it interesting, maybe I will try it and have a new set instead, thanks!
:)

Last edited:
I did end up finding them. But... it was when I was on a trip for work in North Carolina. I'm actually just getting around to putting them in now, which is why I pulled up this thread.

Hope you were able to find a set.

i bought a set of those when i was in the states. imo, they're worthless pieces of crap good for selling a car...

fog lights were of very poor quality. wires pull out of the crimps very easily. the fogs also illuminate very poorly since the reflector isn't focussed. overall, i'd say don't install them unless stock ones are broken and you need something to fill the holes

Back