How to protect from FRONT curb damage !!! Bought a CurbAlert.

flyrevs

:
2013 MS3 Silver
Installed a new product on the market called CurbAlert, that detects front curbs before you damage the front of your car. It's pretty sweet and gives an audible beep when you need to stop. It's adjustable and I have mine setup to alert at 18" from the front of the car. I set mine up to only alarm on curbs 4" high or higher (ignores low curbs). It also tells you when you are about to scrape on upward slanted driveways.

Here's the website that tells all about it : www.curb-alert.net

It took about 20 min to install. I'm interested in everyone's opinion on this, since it's the first product that I have found that detects curbs. No smart ass comments like "learn how to drive" please. The device ALERTS you to an potential scrape, the driver then determines if he wants to keep going, change course, stop or back up depending on the senerio .

Seems like the Mazda guys don't really care to spend $200 to protect their Mazda3/6 but if you have a $2000 body kit I think it's a small investment to protect the car.

Car is super dirty (Ohio winters) !

Attachments

• curbalert 029 (Large).jpg
    curbalert 029 (Large).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
No smart ass comments like "learn how to drive" please.

How about your smart enough just to not s*** s***. Oh wait, 2k for a body kit? not smart.

Good first impression Brad, I really mean that, thanks for enlightening the forum on your opinion.

On topic, I think it's a cool idea, especially in winter since most of the time snow is plowed right up to the curb and you really can't find it. Also you can really do some damage to your frame/radiator support if you hit a curb hard enough. Might be a little pricey, but can't really put a price on piece of mind IMO. 2k would be a sick body kit LOL, regardless, body kit or not, I think it's a good investment.

Last edited:
I drive in snow and have never plowed into anything. Maybe you guys should have a licence. HAHAHAHA.

Back