How to get dealer to apply software update?

curiousgeorge

:
2014 Mazda 3 sGT
My Mazda dealer is being difficult in that they refuse to update my infotainment system software unless there is an open campaign or if I have a verifiably significant problem (which I guess I don't). This is crazy, in 2014 I ought to be able to download the sw update to a USB stick and apply it myself. How amazingly backward of Mazda given how futuristic they are trying to be with the infotainment system. Major fail in my books.

So given the limitations Mazda forces us to live within, any advice on how I can get my dealer to apply the update? I am at v27 and there is now a v31 out. I love my Mazda 3 with the exception of this glaringly HUGE hole. The infotainment system is so buggy its driving me nuts. Spoils an otherwise exceptional car.

Does anyone have a Mazda corporate contact I could use to complain and ask for an exception to their rule? Or do I try another dealer for my service needs?

Thoughts?

consult your Navigation manual. There is information on how to update your infotainment system yourself. I believe the software you download is Mazda Toolbox. You can eject your MAPS SD card in your center console.

I think the Mazda Toolbox is only for updating the maps on the nav card. I don't think there is any way to update the software yourself. I would love to know if there is. I could update MyFordTouch on my previous 2012 Focus Titanium myself (and it needed it, several times!).

As far as how to get the dealer to do it, I don't have a clue. That's really lame on their part.

Updating the navigation maps in a Lexus is almost $200............

For OP, find another dealer.
Most dealers are very willing to update SW for you.
I have it done one (v29). Happy so far.

Or, consult the other thread and find a reproducible bug to show them.

Back