How To: Fix your broken MSP RacingHart Center Caps!!

KrayzieFox

:
01 MP3 Turbo
So I recently broke one of my RH center caps while working on my car.. and I decided to try and come up with a way to fix them. We all know how rare they are to find used, and they cost an arm and a leg to buy new from the dealer, so here is what you can do if you find yourself in the same predicament.

The center cap is made up of two pieces, the cap itself and the flying M emblem. What usually breaks is the lamination over the flying M emblem, but that isn't really all that hard to fix. You will just need to push out the emblem (it's glued to the cap but it'll come off), and peel off the cracked lamination. The emblem itself is a thin metal sheet so be careful not to snap it while removing it from the center cap.

Next you will need a thin clear acrylic disk to replace the cracked plastic. The dimensions you need are 48mm diameter and 1mm thickness, but that can be almost impossible to find, so I went to eBay and bought some 50mm x 1mm acrylic disks and sanded them down to ~48mm so they would fit inside the center cap. I wasn't able to buy an individual one so I got a batch of 20, if you want/need one let me know and I can get it down to size and ship it to you for like $5.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post.. I'll let the pics say the rest.

Center Cap taken apart + peeled off flying M emblem + my sanded down ~48mm x 1mm acrylic disk

12420945923_6e0684a34e_c.jpg

Reassembly of the emblem and cap

12420941423_1e94b434ea_c.jpg

The finished product!!

12420950193_832be78478_c.jpg

I know it's not EXACTLY how a factory center cap looks, but hey.. it's a cheap $5 fix that only requires a small acrylic disk and some super glue.

Sub, nice how to... I didn't know they were just glued in... What if the actually logo sheet is torn? Find something on eBay and replace all four?

Sub, nice how to... I didn't know they were just glued in... What if the actually logo sheet is torn? Find something on eBay and replace all four?

Yeah that would work. The emblems are 44mm and that's a very common size center cap emblem on eBay. I didn't find any replacement flying M ones, but another member recently posted a pic of some Enkei ones he was planning on using instead. Glue in the replacement emblem of choice and cover it with a small acrylic disk like this one and you have yourself a custom center cap for your factory wheels!

Latest posts

Back