How To: Ebay FMIC

thats what i had to do when i ordered my kit, had to get 2 90's and 3 45's cause the kit i got didn't include any at all. it all depends on how you want to run your piping for the hot side, just a warning if you don't trim the actual metal bumper (i didn't) the bumper cover will be VERY tight fit on the bottom.

Last edited:
Yeah I cut a whole next to the radiator to fit the pipe through, also cut some of the bumper cover as well, and for the cold side I took out a notch out under where the head light is .... Just not sure.with the tight space if there is any trick to run the.hot pipe.... I might try and do it above like you have it, and bypass most of that s*** .....

it was very simple to by pass most of it, i didn't have to cut any of my car besides trimming the bumper cover on the inside, and its not hard to get washers to work again, I will probably work on that next week, I expect to spend less then 30 bucks including fancy reservoir.

it was very simple to by pass most of it, i didn't have to cut any of my car besides trimming the bumper cover on the inside, and its not hard to get washers to work again, I will probably work on that next week, I expect to spend less then 30 bucks including fancy reservoir.
Did you take out the washer fluid ? I was gunna try to go through the whole I cut out next to the radiator ....

yeah, i removed the whole bottle and pump and used the whole that the neck went thru, fit perfect. I'm going to use a polished reservoir for the washer fluid with a stand alone pump later on.

Anyone have pics on how to mount the intercooler to the crash bar? Also a how to on relocating the maf? How far should the maf be away from the tb and how far the bov from the maf? I'm going vta

drill the hole to drop the bolts through. you just need to make sure the bov is before the maf, otherwise it doesnt matter where they are

drill the hole to drop the bolts through. you just need to make sure the bov is before the maf, otherwise it doesnt matter where they are

Not entirely true. More space between the TB and MAF and BOV each respectively, the better. Ideally, you would want the BOV on the hot pipe and the MAF a foot away from the TB on the cold side.

As for mounting the core... it all depends on what is available on your core. you can bolt a mounting bracket to it, and then mount that to the bumper, weld, or just use a longer bolt through the crash bar if you have bosses on the core... etc.

Last edited:
my maf is about a foot from the tb, and my bov is prob two feet from the maf on the cold pipe and no problems here. Not much space on the hot pipe for the bov on my setup

I have my MAF about 12" from the BOV and I have the screen on the MAF removed and it doesn't seem to be affected by 'turbulence'.

Why the bov on the hot side might I ask? Because its closer to the turbo? Better throttle response? I always figured it'd be better on the cold side but I'm not always right.

Why the bov on the hot side might I ask? Because its closer to the turbo? Better throttle response? I always figured it'd be better on the cold side but I'm not always right.

Partly because it will increase your MAF accuracy, and partly because you're not wasting cooling capacity of the IC by cooling air, and then blowing it off.

Okay that makes sense. So does that mean some air stays in the hard pipes after blow off? I figured since the bov's job is to dispurse air it wouldn't make a difference if it was cold or hot, & that the air blown off closer to the tb would help intake surge. But it was just a theory, what you said makes sense.

the BOV's job is to equalize pressure between inside and outside the pipes, so yes, some remains. It doesn't make a difference if the air is hot or cold, but basically you just heated up your IC with air intended for your engine, and then, you blew it back into the atmosphere, after you transmitted the heat in it to your intercooler, its just wasteful.

That said, it is exactly what I did, because fitting it on the hot side was too much of a pain.

I know that the SpeedCircuit turbo kit mounts their BOV on the hot side. I did that with my supercharger kit as well.

I beleive the speedcircit kit is the one that comes with the hot pipe tucked under instead of coming to the top of the bay all nasty? That's one thing I don't like..

Had once of my cheap couplings come off yesterday... I knew it was bound to happen after I upped the boost to 12.5psi... I was pulling out of my shop when it happened, and it was right after the MAF, so there was a s*** ton of unmetered air coming in... I had to feather the throttle to get it back into the parking lot... I really need to order some quality couplings and maybe some extra plumbing because after relocating my MAF it looks ugly as sin...

Back