How To : Change Your Horn

hehe no prob. Your way works just as well. Just trying to add in my experiences, too :). Do you have one horn or dualtones? Also I'd check it after a couple drives to make sure it's not rubbing the paint off or doing worse to the radiator. You can never be too careful!

I have a single FIAMM 130dB Lo Tone Freeway Blaster. I would love a real big rig horn though....

Even though I broke a few tabs, I've never had a problem with the grill, and the horn still works fine :)

I did this install almost 2 years ago.

Action J,

You are so much the MAN! This is the write up I have been looking for. I'm a big pus when it comes to breaking plastic tabs and crap on my car. I like it even less when someone says, "Just pull on the grill and it will come off." Thanks for a great write up. I think I now should be able to swap in my FIAMM horns this weekend!

Ben

Lord_Zath said:
good luck! I think as you pull, you're supposed to gently rock it towards you IIRC.

I can't even remember exactly. I do remember that I had to use quite a bit of force.

Good Luck Ben. If you bust it, then you can get a new aftermarket grill(nana)

a short play by Ben....

"Sorry Honey, the grill just sorta broke... but there's this nice Erebuni style..."

<SMACK>
[SMACK]

"Ok.. it was worth a try...."

:)

Ben

Action Jackson said:
I can't even remember exactly. I do remember that I had to use quite a bit of force.

Good Luck Ben. If you bust it, then you can get a new aftermarket grill(nana)

LOL after seeing this mod I went to autozone and bought a big rig horn. What a joke, it didnt sound like advertised, I think it sounded worse than stock. Im going to hook it up to my friends high beems, so when he turns them on, the horn goes off. It will be amazing if I can make it work (upyours)

(a howto will be created for this if you guys want lol)

Horn Replacement Thanks

I just want to thank "Action Jackson" and respondents for the assistance with horn replacement (thread started several years ago I think). I've been in the garage for an hour trying to get to my dgtr's 2002 Protege5 horn and your posts have helped termendously. I should probably donate the $130 the dealer wanted to charge for this but I can't afford that either. Anyway, thank you for your help.(thumb)

I, too, would like to thank Action Jackson. I just completed a horn replacement, and his photos and comments were very helpful.

Thanks.

Back