How to bring up trip computer with aftermarket HU?

DaViper

:
2016 Mazda6 GT
I understand that you lose control of the trip computer with an aftermarket head unit, but from what I've found out through searching it sounds like you can keep one option from the trip computer/clock on the screen, right?

I currently have an Alpine IVA-W205 installed and nothing's showing up on the left side of the screen. How would I go about enabling one of the options on the trip computer? If I plug in the original head unit, turn on the trip computer, then remove it, will this keep the data on the screen? I don't remember ever disconnecting my battery, so I'm not sure why nothing ever showed up for the trip computer when I installed the aftermarket HU.

Thanks!

I understand that you lose control of the trip computer with an aftermarket head unit, but from what I've found out through searching it sounds like you can keep one option from the trip computer/clock on the screen, right?

I currently have an Alpine IVA-W205 installed and nothing's showing up on the left side of the screen. How would I go about enabling one of the options on the trip computer? If I plug in the original head unit, turn on the trip computer, then remove it, will this keep the data on the screen? I don't remember ever disconnecting my battery, so I'm not sure why nothing ever showed up for the trip computer when I installed the aftermarket HU.

Thanks!

you have to keep the OE unit connected with your desired function on the screen. Then, without turning the car off, you need to unplug it and plug the other unit in.

Back