How much have you spent on your protege?

jbrewer4639

Contributor
:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
I have about $2,000 invested in the performace part of my car. That number includes parts and shop fees. I have another $2,000 worth of parts I'd like to aquire before my built motor and transmission. I'm shooting for 300hp on the stock motor so zoom zoom or boom(burnout)

I think retail price on everything I have over 6k. Not including money on stuff I took off and resold etc and maintenance items

I think retail price on everything I have over 6k. Not including money on stuff I took off and resold etc and maintenance items

I didn't include that either cause have no idea. Also my prices reflect the discounted prices Ex: I payed $525 for my gt28rs and I intend to pay about $500 for a upgraded exhaust manifold. If I paid retail for all my ish it would have cost me about $5,500. I bought my car June 2009 for $12,000, 3yr loan, with 54,000 miles. I have paid $10,560 to date with about 110,000 on the dash. My interest rate is ungodly so I will not say.

300 hp on stock motor! good luck i think the record is 277 whp and that didnt last. save the headache of a tow bill and being out of a car for quite a while o ya and a hole in your block. it will cost you more in the long run if you push the stock motor to that limit.

I've probably paid about as much as the car cost me in 08 which was $10,700. No way I could verify that because I didn't keep all the receipts, but I know it is something ridiculous if you count labor and I paid retail price for a lot of the parts.

Reminds me of when I ordered a GHL exhaust from Velocity Factor somewhere in Florida... and a Vibrant showed up at my door. I just kept the s*** cause I knew GHL was done and I thought I might get lucky. So they charged me $1100 or whatever the GHL cost and gave me a Vibrant worth $750-800 lol. Needless to say I gave those assholes a call for a partial refund.

Back on topic, I really don't want to think about how much money I've spent on this car. It would make me sick.

probably closer to 15K for me $8K just on mods. the rest is including replacement parts (motor, tranny, ac etc.) and labor.

I went through alot of parts so its hard to say. I was around during the MAM days so that cost me 5k with no return on investment lol. im probably in the 10k range but if i just listened to myself in the first place i would have spent alot less.

Shoot I have about 2k wrapped up in new struts,front and rear swaybar bushings, custom ss brake and clutch lines, clutch and flywheel, AWR pass mount, and soon to be labor for clutch and flywheel install.

And to top it all off that doesnt count trans rebuild, new/used turbo, gaskets for turbo install x2, and a bunch of other crap as well... and its still sloooow

Yup ,we dump alot of money on the proteges.lol.the guy I purchase my msp from dropped over 20k in audio,custom seats,install,upgraded parts etc. Plus I placed a eBay fmic which was $200.I might have mines up for sale soon.

I don't even want to know, more than what shows. Parts add up fast, even when I do the work all by myself. I probably have saved almost as much as I have spent doing the timing belt, motor mounts, exhaust mani studs, wga, FMIC, EBC and countless other installs on the car in my garage.

I've only had my MSP for about a year and I've already put over 2k in it.. and like hornsfan said^^^ it doesn't show!!

Back