How many miles can you get on 1 tank?

I usually get about 520km before the light turns on, but lately I've been doing really bad, like 420km. I really have no idea what's going on...

After correcting my odometer using my GPS (its about 5% off), I've gotten 26.73 MPG average over 66 tanks.

Gotta love Excel!

I call shenanigans on anyone that says they are getting 35 MPG or above. I can't see how its possible on a stock engine.

joey said:
After correcting my odometer using my GPS (its about 5% off), I've gotten 26.73 MPG average over 66 tanks.

Gotta love Excel!

I call shenanigans on anyone that says they are getting 35 MPG or above. I can't see how its possible on a stock engine.

I average around 25.7mpg but i've seen it as low as 21.9 and as high as 27.5mpg

I think a lot of folks have to have heavy feet for these cars to move but combo city/highway with AC usually 70-75mph & sport auto = 340-365. Terrain will factor into things too. It is flat here.

I average about 25.3 mpgs with my sport shift ES with a good mix of 65 mph highway cruise control driving and typical stop-n-go city driving. And I've found that if I run in sport shift mode, I get slightly better mileage than in normal auto mode-- plus it's ever so slightly more fun.

i just filled my tank up yesterday - 345 miles / 10.4gal = 33mpg - all that on crappy snow tires, and cold weather.

you guys must really be beating on your cars to get down into the the mid twenties. either that, or you don't take care of your car.

even if i redline it on every up-shift, my milage only goes down to about 29mpg. i have an Injen intake, and that's all. otherwise, stock engine, stock exhaust.

joey said:

Gotta love Excel!

GMalatrasi said:
260 mpg, A/C always on, Automatic, Spirited driving, and 99% of my driving is city, I rarely get on the highway.

turbo/auto/spirited driving/mix of highway & local back roads (highway is a lot of stop and go crap!) fill up at 1/8 of a tank 308 miles...about 26+-MPG
update:...337...11.75 gals...28.75MPG

Last edited:
njaremka--> do you have an auto or manual gearbox? I think the auto gear box is responsible for most of the mid 20 numbers.

Tom03es said:
njaremka--> do you have an auto or manual gearbox? I think the auto gear box is responsible for most of the mid 20 numbers.

yeah, manual

clicknext said:
I usually get about 520km before the light turns on, but lately I've been doing really bad, like 420km. I really have no idea what's going on...

I bet it's got to do with this cold that we're having and lugging the engine on all this ice. It's certainly making a bit of a difference with mine. Normally, when I use the self-serve stations, I actually top up my tank to full-full. But the odd time that I'm stuck with full-serve, they only top it up to when the nozzle clicks. I swear that they rig those things to put less in the tank for insurance reasons or something... When I fill up, I get 480-530kms usually depending on how I drive it. But when THEY fill it up... I'm happy if I make it to like 420. Bastards. (bang) (bang) (bang)

Back