how many miles at purchase time ?!?!!?

I got you all beat. My MP5 had 449 miles on it when I bought. and I bought it new. It had been on the lot for 4-5 months because nobody want to pay for all of the extras on it. I got test driven a lot, I don't really care. I have had it since Nov 29th and I just turned over 4000 miles last week.

Mine had 7 miles on it when I test drove it. I took it for the day and got the ODO up to 34 miles. I came back 2 weeks later to buy it and it still had 34 miles on it, so I actually got the price down on it a little since no one was interested in it for those 2 weeks. My car was actually in the dealerships commercial too because they were advertising the p5's and mine is the only yellow p5 around here. I bought it back in October and put 1,000 miles on it the first week I bought it. I just turned 6,000 miles tonight.

It's probably been driven pretty hard when being test driven. You know how it is when people test drive it....it's not pretty or good for the car. I personally wouldn't buy a car with that many miles on it cuz it wouldn't feel new to me.

If the dealer had to ship the car to you, he shouldn't have driven it to you anyway. It should have come on a flat bed truck. When my brother ordered his 2000 Accord Coupe, it had to be shipped from San Francisco to Southern California. Imagine if they'd driven it. They delivered it on a flat bed truck, ready for inspection with only 4 miles on it. Mine had only 3 miles on it.

Last edited:
I agree with the general consensus!
Although I bet a year from now you will re read this post and wish you still only had 140 miles on it!
It isn't going to hurt having the miles on it, it'll still look, smell, and feel new!
But, all that said, I would certainly be trying to get something thrown in - for free. Such as an extra years warranty or an upgrade of some sort.
I talked to the dealer when I bought mine (with 35 miles on it) they told me a car is still classed as new with up to 500 miles on it (A demo). After the 500 mile mark it then becomes a used vehicle.

Mine came w/ 400 miles on it, dealer said that it was traded from oregon. Lookin' back i'm sure it was stupid, ugh. 18k and no problems so far though(except for the cd player). *crossing fingers*

My 2002.5 had 11 miles at purchase. They had a satellite lot about 5+ miles away and drove it up there. 9 months later, I have 5900 miles. I test drove a different one.

Mine had 170 on it. It had been sent to a dealership 75 miles away when it came in, only to be returned because I wanted Laser Blue. Add one or two test drives in there and all the miles are accounted for....and yes, my warantee was adjusted also.

Just hit 500 miles today. (got it on saturady) I made a trip to Walmart to buy some rubber mats so I don't ruin the nice stitching on the factory ones. Does the dealership sell rubber mats? Prolly cost a hell of alot more than $16 if they do anyway.

Mine had 38 miles on it when I first saw it, 41 when I pick it up. 8 months later, I have 8,201 miles on it. I too drove a different one. Actually, I drove a white one first, then a silver one:D

I still like my car today almost as much as I did when I first got it. However, I will not be another P5 or Mazda after this one. I will finally get what I want: A black 330i 5 speed with sport package:)

Cheers!

0342_668_PROFILE_ZSP_789.jpg

Beauty!

mine had just over 1 km on it. it was right off the truck and they gas station is right across the street.

Mine had 2 miles on it when my dad picked it for me. It had 230 something when he got home. Had to go out of state to get the on eI wanted. The Frekin' Mazda dealer around where I lived didn't take me seriously when I wanted to by one. They said they didn't know waht was coming in or when. So I said I'll find it somewhere else and Iused the Mazdausa.com webstie to find the one I wanted.

Mine had 2 miles on it; it was one of two identical black mica P5s in 5 speed with only one option: moonroof. Mine had 2 miles; the other had 3. So I picked the one with 2!

It's got about 16000 on it now....is holding up very well.

mine had 17 miles on it when i got it... a year later, i just broke 30k

Mine had 21Km when it got to the dealer, 33Km when I test drove it (to 45Km) and 49Km when I picked it up.
Now it has 255Km.
I don't understand how you can pick up a car that only has a few miles on it, sounds like the dealer didn't do their PDI test drive!

My Pro5 had 16 miles after the tank was filled and the car washed. Considering the test drive was about 6 miles its nice to know that all but 10 miles on the odo were covered by me and my sexy beast together.

Back