How long before the MSP becomes hard to find?

alexlitov said:
That's cause nobody wants to sell their MP3 or MSP cause they will loose a lot of money. I say they will be as easy to find as a regular ES with a sunroof.

dont forget to mention most of them are wreckin their s*** as of late as well :mad:

The insurance isn't that bad on the MSP, because the power-to-weight ratio is low enough (it's SOOO close) to NOT be considered a sports car by most insurance companies.

Personally, I pay a helluva lot for insurance, because:

1) I live in New Jersey.
2) My part of NJ has the highest rates in the entire state, because about a dozen major highways run through my town (the insurance company's mentality: more accidents happen in my town, so I'm more likely to get in one)
3) I'm 22, and male
4) I have one at-fault accident in the past 3 years.

My insurance cost for 12 months is $4675 (ouch! If I was living a half hour away from here, it would be almost $1500 cheaper). But next year, it will drop down significantly, because the accident happened in the summer of 2001.

The car is costing me about the same as insurance ($360/month for the car, $350/month for insurance). But luckily, I have a bachelor's degree, and work full-time at a somewhat decent paying job, so the payments for the car are expensive yes, but I can afford it.

I am 16 and I have a black MSP. Insurance is low or else my parents would not haev gotten me the car. They pay for the insurance. But I will ask them the cost today when I get out of school.

Thanks

That might help me... But again i still have a while... I just want to see if I can even find a MSP 6-9 months down the road. I live in Alabama so they are easy to find, new atleast. Because most people around here are into trucks, and civics. Well I guess I cant talk because my second choice is a 1999-2000 Honda Civic Si Coupe, but people steal those things like candy. And the MSP seems to be a pretty damn safe car (350 ft off the road, down hill and he walked away?!) I should show that pic to my parents...

faulkner mazda in philly had 9 the other day, and they have yet to even get a blue in..... 1 03 the rest 03.5 2silvers 1titainium 4yellow

Jhova1012 said:
well s***... I just found SIX Mazdaspeed Protege's on the lot at a local dealer....
\

well s*** i'd hope so considering the 2003.5's came out fairly recently

but keep in mind those 6 are likely the only ones that dealership will get... maybe one or two more here nad there...... also not all dealerships get MSP's.

There seems to be a saddening abundance of MSPs at the dealers here. Nobody's buying, and it breaks my heart to see them all lined up.. waiting for a good home. *sob* Please buy one. Even next summer, I think that - with the connections here on the board - you could definitely find a brand new one.. or a good deal on a gently used one.

Pkay, can I please touch your rotary? *covets*

I just bought my titanium mazdaspeed 2 days ago and when I was there, they had 4 titaniums, 1 yellow, 1 black 03, and 1 orange 03 in the showroom, all for sale still. As for insurance, I had a 1995 n/a Supra and my insurance went way down, even though I have a few points, because it is insured as a Protege. To save money though, have your parents insure the car under their name, and then you can drive it, as long as you're insured under any car that is also insured by your parents.

Also, since I am still new, I am wondering where I can order some parts online, like the Injen CAI and such. Thanks

mp3girly said:
There seems to be a saddening abundance of MSPs at the dealers here. Nobody's buying, and it breaks my heart to see them all lined up.. waiting for a good home. *sob* Please buy one. Even next summer, I think that - with the connections here on the board - you could definitely find a brand new one.. or a good deal on a gently used one.

Pkay, can I please touch your rotary? *covets*

ha! i might be picking one up in a week or two.........

Latest posts

Back