Could you help me to install an AMP to my Mazda 3 Sport 2006

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MUAR

Hi everyone!!! :)

I want to install a Subwoofer and an AMP to my Mazda 3 Sport 2006. I already have an Audiobahn A4004T amplifier, and I will get the subwoofer soon. Also, I will connect my iPod to the factory radio.

My question is what I need to install the AMP to the factory radio? Since the factory radio doesn't have any RCA, Do I need a special connector? What connector could you suggest me?

In the following link, you could see the specification of the my Audiobahn amplifier:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3E70yggZraO/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=037A4004T

(RTM)
Regarding to the iPod's installation, I would like to buy the "Audio Link iPod Integration Kit for Mazda", but I don't know if it is compatibility with the AMP's installation. More details about the "Audio Link iPod Integration Kit for Mazda" could be take it from: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_56&products_id=142

I'd appreciate your help!!!!! Thanks in advance.

(first)

I don't have enough experience in car audio. Could you explain me how I splice into the speaker line? Where can I get the cable o the conector? Thanks

on a mazda3 its easier to keep the factory head unit b/c it is so integrated into the system...

you can use speaker line inputs which means you splice into your speaker wire either behind the stereo (easier) or behind the doors (a bit more difficult to get to but less wire to run) or you can buy a loc (line out converter) to hook up behind your stereo and that will convert your speaker wires into rca signal that you then run rca cables to your amp... its up to you which one you want to do as each has pros and cons... if you want a LOC i would suggest www.davidnavone.com for a high quality piece that is priced low.

you should have no issues running the ipod with an amplifier...

Dear friends.. more questions...
According to the documentation that I have about my Audiobahn amplifier, it has "Speaker Level Inputs". The doc exactly tells: "Speaker Level Inputs:
Useful if you're adding an amp to a factory radio, or don't have enough preamp outputs on your aftermarket receiver."

Based on that statement, Do I still have to buy a LOC (line out converter)?

Regards!

no you don't need the LOC

in my first post you will see that i said you could do either one... LOC or speaker level inputs as its up to you the end user to decide which one to go with as each has their pros and cons...

if you choose a LOC i used and suggest the NE-7V

vampire clips ftw!

Just find the pinout of the stock wiring harness to find the speaker outputs, slap a vampire clip on a + and - of one of the speaker wire's and run it back to your amp. All set.

You'll have more problems running power than doing this... :)

Have fun!

Fuchs said:
vampire clips ftw!

Just find the pinout of the stock wiring harness to find the speaker outputs, slap a vampire clip on a + and - of one of the speaker wire's and run it back to your amp. All set.

You'll have more problems running power than doing this... :)

Have fun!

What are vampire clips? In his case, how is he getting a low freq. sub input to his amp? Sounds like he is just gonna take away some of the voltage going to the speakers he chooses to tap from, making them quiter, and then send that splice to his amp and subs. I know that subs are designed to only make low freqs. but why would you send your subs a full range speaker input? That can't be good for them or sound good either. How can you get them only a sub, low freq. input? Does the line out converter do this? What does the LOC convert from or to? Or is that what the vampire clips are? Is there some other type of choke that you can use?

HELP, please answer, I am trying to do the same install and I am slightly confused about the details I listed above.

Thanks

Back