How does this new Mandrel Bent Magnaflow Exaust LOOK???

yac2727

:
2004 Mazda 3s Black Mica
http://www.vrsexhaust.com/NEW_ITEMS/new_items.html
Follow that link and tell me what you think? I'm thinking of getting this installed. It's mandrel bent, bolt on, comes with choice of Borla or Magnaflow ss type muffler. What do you think> Will there be any horsepower gain?? It will be installed for 360. Or should I wait for the actual Magnaflow system. Your input will be appreciated. (group)

yac2727 said:
http://www.vrsexhaust.com/NEW_ITEMS/new_items.html
Follow that link and tell me what you think? I'm thinking of getting this installed. It's mandrel bent, bolt on, comes with choice of Borla or Magnaflow ss type muffler. What do you think> Will there be any horsepower gain?? It will be installed for 360. Or should I wait for the actual Magnaflow system. Your input will be appreciated. (group)

how does it sound?

thats wut i want to hear

zmepro said:
where are you planning on finding a mandrel bender?
They make it here in Miami. They have a mandrel bender in house. It's a big place makes all kinds of custom exaust. This kit is actually all bolt on using Magnaflow resonator, magnaflow (or Borla, your choice) SS type 6" round muffler with 2.5" pipe and 4" slant cut tip. It's all stainless with a lifetime warranty. I just don't want to put it on and then have no horsepower gain, I don't really care too much about the sound. What do you think?? Worth it or wait?

Well, I know for the proteges that the optimum size is 60mm which is less than 2.5". You may lose a bit too much backpressure- for 360 it's not a bad deal though.

Did they give you a better price than is listed on that web page? Cuz it says 2.5" stainless is $490.

D'oh... sorry. I was looking at the bottom of the page at the Altima prices.

Anyway...

I can't see the magnaflow system being any better or worse. If anything, just having a stainless exhaust system is worth the price.

Shinzen- 60mm is right around 2 3/8". Since the 3 has a slightly bigger engine displacement, the extra .14" diameter might be just about perfect. Definitely wouldn't do the 3" until we get turbos or blowers, though. ;)

Last edited:
Oh... and how does it attach at the front? The only flange is right at the manifold.

Correct me if I'm wrong but judging from the location of the 31" resonator and its relationship to the cross-braces, this looks like a cat-less system.

Ok, just got this reply from VRS:

VRS guy said:
IT DOES REMOVE THE 2ND CAT, WHICH IS NOT NEEDED, AND WILL NOT TURN ON ANY CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS BECUASE THEIR IS 1 CAT AT THE MANIFOLD, AND THE O2 SENSOR IS BEFORE THE 2ND CAT, IVE HAD IT ON THE CAR( I AM THE OWNER OF THE ONE IN THE PICS) FOR 2500 MILES, NO LIGHT, NO PROBLEMS.

yac2727 said:
Wow, sounds cool, I think I'm going to go for it! Do you think there will be any HP gains??

Logically, there definitely should be. Losing the restriction from one cat and opening up the pipe size should be good for more than just a few HP.

There's that pesky warranty issue, though...

I'll have a word with my techie and see what he thinks.

Back