How do you take the emblem off?

explosives.... no actaully you heat it up so the adhisive isn't hard as a rock and you pry it out

first off, what emblem do you mean, front or back? Removing the rear emblem will leave two holes. You'll have to have a body shop fill and re-paint.

Removing the front emblem also leaves two holes, not to mention the emblem shaped area in the grill that would look stupid without the emblem. :rolleyes:

why would u wanan remove the mazda emblem anyway? I would remove protege and maybe the word mazda but not the emblem it'self. :(

Be proud of what you own and flaunt it! :)

The only way to fill those holes properly I think is to bring it to a bodyshop and have it filled in then color matched...pretty pricey I'd say for such a simple thing.

i have proven that you don't need a body shop to paint anything,hehe...s***, id probably just do it myself, but then again im CRAZY like that.hahaha

Dragon_Reborn said:
why would u wanan remove the mazda emblem anyway? I would remove protege and maybe the word mazda but not the emblem it'self. :(
Havent u learned anything from this Import world we live in? Its all about modifying. Thats why we shave door handles, install conversion kits, paint cars over, etc. Its so that your car doesnt look like the factory model that some dickhead just bought. Does it make any sense now?(loser)

emblems

check out my post, i blacked out my emblems
http://forum.protegemp3.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7516
fd45f58e.jpg

cheers,
Bloke

Korey Chaos said:
Havent u learned anything from this Import world we live in? Its all about modifying. Thats why we shave door handles, install conversion kits, paint cars over, etc. Its so that your car doesnt look like the factory model that some dickhead just bought. Does it make any sense now?(loser)

yeah but taking off the front emblem and just leaving it like that, or even filling in those 2 holes, looks really ******* stupid. it looks like someone came and stole your emblem. trust me i know, i ve been driving around for 3 weeks now without one because i am working on a project, but even I think it looks like stupid s***. i looks liek im trying to be some kind of cool ricer man who takes off the emblem so that they consider the car modified.

the emblems rock, why wouldnt you want peopole to know you drive a mazda / protege.

Actually, I want to take off the front emblem too, it just look cool a little bit :D
I have a MP3 and if I take off the front emblem which is on the grill, there will be two holes on it???

Coz I see people take off their Honda or Acura front emblem, it looks good!

;)

SKY said:
Actually, I want to take off the front emblem too, it just look cool a little bit :D
I have a MP3 and if I take off the front emblem which is on the grill, there will be two holes on it???

Coz I see people take off their Honda or Acura front emblem, it looks good!

;)

you still see the mazda symbol so whats the point?

let me illustrate:

noemblem.jpg

cant wait till i finish this project so i can put an emblem back on (original or custom!)

Last edited:
Well, that sucks!
So if we want to take the front emblem off, we have to change the who grill....

I have to take my rear emblem off because there's rust accumulating behind it, or rather around the middle of it (a common problem I see for MP5s). But I'll definitely put it back together.

To fill the holes, use the kit that you'd usually use to repair dents on bumpers and then repaint. Not hard, and very cheap.

To fill the holes, use the kit that you'd usually use to repair dents on bumpers and then repaint. Not hard, and very cheap.

Not true. To fill the holes properly and not have problems in the future you need to weld them closed...grind down your weld, then use MINIMAL amount of bondo, primer, paint.

if you just use bondo to fill holes on a car, a year or two down the road it will crack and then youll have to do it all again.

Back