How do you not get tickets everyday?

bighoopty

:
02 Protege5 Vivid Yellow 5-Speed
So I found an blue 07 Speed3 on a local Toyota lot.
Now I normally drive an 99 Explorer, 5.0, handling package, CAI, exhaust, wheels+tires...etc. I havent had a "fun" car since my first, a 1973 Chevy Vega with a 225 oddfire V6, blew nearly everything away, including V8 Vegas, but,
OMG(yes I am a straight adult male and said OMG), that Speed is AWESOME.!!!!!!!!!
I cannot believe how fast it is, and easy to get up to speed. Took a very short onramp onto the interstate....so short they make 18 wheelers use left lane, I hit 100mph before I got on the interstate, and I wasnt really trying hard or coming anywhere near redline. And it was a rough ramp, concrete type in a very sharp curve. I LOVE IT, I WANT IT,.............but I dont wanna go into debt, so, my new mission is to save some money and then find myself one of these great toys........and they are practical too?
But seriously, how do you not get a ticket. Im 43, two kids, havent had a ticket since '97, but cant imagine going more than a week before I would get my first one.
Better start that ticket/higher insurance fund up too.

Just so you all understand, I AM SO JEALOUS OF ALL YOU SPEED3 owners!!!!

I've gotten 3 tickets since getting the speed.
So this does not apply to me. :D

Yeah, it's a quick hatch. I like it.

It is hard not to have fun with the MS3. I guess I have been lucky so far. Got to keep your eyes open and be aware of your surrounding. Don't drive like a idiot. But really I think it's just luck.

It is hard not to have fun with the MS3. I guess I have been lucky so far. Got to keep your eyes open and be aware of your surrounding. Don't drive like a idiot. But really I think it's just luck.

+1 to luck, and +1 to my radar detector that's save me from 2 tickets in the 7 months I've owned my MS3. Then again there aren't too many cops where I live.

/shameless self promotion

And they are very practical: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123760801

/end shameless self promotion

I'm in a speed6, but I have somehow avoided any tickets in this car in spite of driving it like I stole it for the past two years. I chalk it up to a) situational awareness (knowing when and where to behave properly) and b) blind luck. Being a stealth color probably doesn't hurt, but I figure I am living on borrowed time and really should hedge a bit by buying a radar detector.

I've only been pulled over once in the Speed. and that was for a tag light being out. But then again I don't go over 7 MPH over the speed limit unless it's an emergency.

I am cheap and basically try to get the best gas mileage out of it... so that means slow driving.. I do get on it once in a while but thats probably up until I get to 60.

Got my first ever ticket in the MS3. Had driven 17 year prior without getting one. Was caught doing 71 in a 55. I had it on cruise control when the speed limit was 65 and didn't realize I had eventually entered into a 55 zone since me and my wife were chatting it up. My fault for not paying attention.

Officer lowered it to 69 so I wouldn't get points. It was in a podunk town in GA so it was about $80.

I am cheap and basically try to get the best gas mileage out of it... so that means slow driving.. I do get on it once in a while but thats probably up until I get to 60.

Bingo. I am stage 2+ 93 octane tuned with pretty much all bolt ons except turbo and manifold, and I drive it like a baby. I ride out each gear a little bit here and there and let the exhaust talk to me, but I keep it tame most of the time. Plus the scare of all the people blowing their motors, I stay out of boost most of the time.

Just don't speed excessively, you don't want to be the fastest guy on the road. And check your rearview mirror on the highway every 30 sec to a minute.

Remember, the fun is in the accelaration, not the speed. So do a pull if you can when getting on a freeway, just make sure the foot's off the pedal by 70 mph.

My only tickets have been when I was driving a red car. Cosmic Blue kind of blends into the background and doesn't attract unwanted attention. A V1 wouldn't hurt, though.

I've had so many that I've stopped thinking of them as tickets and now consider them a driving tax.

Had my Speed for a year and no tickets. It's Red too.

Also had a Red TSX with very dark window tint for 2 1/2 years, not one ticket.

IMO, this car just doesn't attract the cop's attention like other sports car. They all think it's a regular 3. I have always driven with a radar detector but for the past 2 months I removed the thing. After a while with it you kinda learn where the cops usually stay. That's when you slow down from 80 to 68. (glare)

IMO, this car just doesn't attract the cop's attention like other sports car. They all think it's a regular 3.

Ain't that the truth! I love being inconspicuous! Not just from cops, but guys revving their engines and squealing tires and s***.

I try hard to stay out of trouble, but I'll admit I was naughty this past Monday... One of my worst pet peeves is people who won't even go the speed limit. (upyours) Got behind some SUV on a narrow-ass road that kept teeter-tottering between 50 and 55, in a 55MPH zone. So once I got yellow stripes I gunned it to pass his ass. Was up past 80MPH in no time. I slowed down and set cruise at 60 once I got back into the right-hand lane, but I'm grateful no bacon was around at the moment.

I just keep my right foot out of it. 14 months with the car and no tickets. I like acceleration. I think the people who get caught are the ones who tend to speed in all situations, they just always go 10 over... I don't do that.

And I think most everyday driver's (you know, the ones who don't pay attention and talk on the phone and cause accidents?) biggest problem is that they have one set speed limit they always go. Seems to be right around 45. So they will piss you off when the limit is 55 on rural roads... but get tickets on 35 MPH roads. That's the way it seems with me, I'm always being passed on 25-35 MPH roads, but always wanting to pass someone else on 50+ MPH roads. People need to pay attention, it's just downright annoying.

Back