How do I disconnect the fuse box?

RX

Contributor
:
Sunlight Silver MSP
I'm replacing the engine wiring harness in my MSP and the only thing I have left is the white connector under the fuse box. There is a green clip that I can only pull out half way. The green clip is stuck. How am I suppose to remove this connector?

Attachments

• 004b.jpg
    004b.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 005b.jpg
    005b.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 161
I haven't done this myself but, I would try getting to it from the top through the clip or from behind. It also looks (from the pictures) like the clip snaps at multiple points down the length of it. If you don't have any power going to the area, I would try getting a very thin piece of metal down either side to try and push the other clips in.

Also, if you haven't already, invest in a hook/pick set. They make getting electrical connector apart super easy. Good Luck!!

Thanks for the replies but so far nothing has worked. I've tried and I can't seem to get to the top of clip either. Anyone who has actually removed this clip, please chime in.

That clip does not come out all the way. Half way and then pull the connector out of the fuse box.

As for the burning plastic, ALL the protege harnesses do the same thing, go look at the ones in your car and you will see.

Back