how do i change the turn indicator beep volume ? it is too low

wawaweewa

:
Mazda CX-5
i have a 5.8" touch screen model without navi.

the turn indicator beep is too low. i know it can be changed. nothing on it in the manual..

Its in the system setup which is only available when the car is off with the ignition button pressed twice. (press once with foot off brake and then press it again)

The manual states that the turn indicator level can be changed from the factory setting of High to Low only by an authorized Mazda dealer. Pg. 9-9 in the manual. Take it to your dealer, there might be a chance that it is set at low. Also, another thread on here someone went through the diagnostic info on the system set-up, it might be listed there.

I only remember being able to turn the auto signal on or off, I can't remember the settings for the volume of the indicator. I'll run out and check the settings at lunch.

edit: Checked the settings, only found the auto signal or beep sound for buttons, no turn indicator sound change.

Last edited:
i can't get to 'system setup'

Its in the system setup which is only available when the car is off with the ignition button pressed twice. (press once with foot off brake and then press it again)

when i double click on the ignition nothing happens.... i get into the car, punch in the alarm-off code , press ignition button twice, nothing happens...

where should this menu appear ? on the right dial in the dashboard or on the touch screen ?

and replying to Macksma - i was hoping to spare the visit to the dealer... should be a configurable feature in my opinion.

thanks.

The top right button outside the touch screen should say 'Setup', do you have that?

yes, i do...

yet, when entring the menu, this feature is not available for configuration. it is probably shown after pressing some keys at the same time with one eye closed , and your pinky finger pointed to the north... i am trying to see if there is a way to get to this menu without having to go to the garage.

Per US owners manual page 9-9 you have to have dealer change turn beep volume level, but it should have come with high...

yeah, read that , thanks. mine came out with beep sound set to 'low'. i guess i _will_ have to stop by the dealer to sort it out. was hoping to avoid that...

(i always like to tweak my own car electronics... this is not rocket science)

Back