How accurate is Dashhawk for 1/4 mile??

babz437

:
Mazda Speed6
I was playing around with my dashhawk and decided to try a 1/4 mile run. had a 2.23 60' (i know kinda slow) didnt launch that hard and shifted outta 1st too quick. ran a 13.9 in 4th gear at 103. so from i figured if i woulda had a better 60' and a better reaction time (.45) i should have run around a 13.4 does this seem right.

I'm curious because I just got my dashhawk today! You could always try going to the track and comparing times. I would imagine the Dashhawk would be the most accurate because it can measure your starting point electronically when your car says zoom.

thats exactly what i was thinking too. ive never run my car on a track so those are the only numbers i have to go by but i want to go and try it now to see if its accurate. im thinking thats a pretty good time for the 60' that i had. i ran it 2 other times and i got like 14.1 and 14.2 so it must be pretty on. and its cool cuz it tells you when you have an illegal start too.

if your tires slip at all the dashhawk won't know that and it can skew your times.

are your wheels/tires the same overall diameter as the stockers? wouldn't that have a pretty big effect since actual speed vs OBD speed will be different?

I was playing around with my dashhawk and decided to try a 1/4 mile run. had a 2.23 60' (i know kinda slow) didnt launch that hard and shifted outta 1st too quick. ran a 13.9 in 4th gear at 103. so from i figured if i woulda had a better 60' and a better reaction time (.45) i should have run around a 13.4 does this seem right.
Dashhawk's are not accurate at all. Go to the track and you'll see there is a huge difference even after you dial it in. Sorry (dunno)

if your tire dia. is exactly the same as the stockers and you launch with no wheel spin the DH should be within a tenth accurate. its reading exactly from the engine sensors so why shouldent it be dead on? of course there are always small factors, thats why i said .1

I've ripped a 4.86 0-60 and a 13.89 1/4 mile in my DH. The best part is that I have no engine mods at all! (2thumbs) So, I don't believe it's very accurate. However, I believe any changes to those numbers should be valid.

Last edited:
I know far to many people who have that thing and dont run what that POS says you are. You really wanna know what you run take your self to the track. Its completly different. I could see you running a 13.9 but not traping a 103. I run a 12.8 and trap 106.

the speed should match your speedometer. the issue is that your speedometer isn't accurate, especially with different size wheels. tracks use radar (i assume, something electronic at least) to determine actual speed. if you have a GPS you can see the difference between speedometer and actual speed really easily

the speed should match your speedometer. the issue is that your speedometer isn't accurate, especially with different size wheels. tracks use radar (i assume, something electronic at least) to determine actual speed. if you have a GPS you can see the difference between speedometer and actual speed really easily

i was just thinking about that after my post about the tire size. it would be off. i believe its 2mph. so really i trapped somewhere around 100-101 if my calculations are correct.

I know far to many people who have that thing and dont run what that POS says you are. You really wanna know what you run take your self to the track. Its completly different. I could see you running a 13.9 but not traping a 103. I run a 12.8 and trap 106.

ur prolly right, didnt take into consideration for tire size. im going to have to take it to the track someday to really test it out, but for now im happy with saying i can run a 13.9 lol even tho it might not be true.

well i took a friend of mines speed6 to the track and i used the DH to calculate my times. I found that the DH was dead on for the MPH except but the qtr. mile was about .2 off on avg.

There is a thread i made about it on the mazda 6 club forums in the engine and drivetrain section under "dashhawk accuracy"

I have what i did at the track and what the DH posted on those passes as well.

I have post a 12.66 on my DH last week with a 1.66 60ft at 108mph. Now if i take the .2 mph out that is a 106mph pass and if you take the .2 that was posted via dashhawk and i ran a 12.8-9!! Well i am going to the track this weekend if it doesn't rain and see what i can do vs the DH. My best track time so far is a 13.4@100 with a 1.71 60ft

also when i ran his car he had 19's on his car. I have 18's with 225/40/18 tires..

Last edited:
Back