Hood Props

lowr3y

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #659
u go to a car show and u wanna show off ur engine bay, and the stock hood prop just aint freaking cuttin it anymore....

SO!! i am just looking for some pics/ideas of what everyone else is using for hood props...

I am making one right now, pics of mine will be up soon

I just ordered some hood dampners...

I'm just waiting to install them.

Another car with them installed:

Picture047-1.jpg

those are nice, but i dnt have 90ish some dollars to drop on some hood dampeners

a pussy for not wanting to spend 140+ dollars on hood dampers??
you do realize with that kinda money i could buy a Optima Redtop....

And where is the true customization in a hood damper kit? Everybody and their brother can buy a damper kit.... i was looking for CUSTOM props

I'm probably going the damper route myself eventually, but major props to you for doing something new!

If only I had the time to be original... I'm jealous.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

im not saying the hood dampers dnt look good, they do! I would just rather standout in a crowd and be noticed for trying something new then to play it safe and just be given the same old line "you have a clean car man"

My first attempt at the custom hood prop didnt work out so well... im trying to set it up so it can be pushed into the latch and will latch to the hook on the hood at the same time. the idea is that it wont move at all even with a high wind. its not a totally original idea, i have seen LOTS of mini trucks with their own setups and i kinda branched off those ideas... when i finish i will update

Lol Cindy, i have them on order already *smirks* haha

U should go to the Exton Tristate tunner meet sometime! i only gotta talk to you once for like 10 mins at the Sonic meet XP

Have you though about a front flipping hood? It would be a hell of a job to pull that on off (welding, cutting), but how rewarding.....and you could use dampers so everybody is happy :)

i was just bitchin about spending the money to buy dampers, so that would be outta the question

the prop i am trying to make work is made up of a bunch of spare parts from around the garage that i got laying around.... CHEAP!

Back