Hood bra or Nay?

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Anyone own a p5 with a 2 piece hoodbra? (Hood+front bumper). I have some cracks on the top of my bumper and it annoys me when I see it, just want a temporary cover till I have the time/money to fix it, and wanted to see some pics of any relatively nice looking p5 with a bra.

I have rolled with the oem bra since the days when it was brand new & my daily driver. I drove 60 miles a day of freeway mostly high speed not stop n go crawling. Also wanted it for road trips. Actually had 2 of them, the one on the car and a clean one in the garage. I would swap them out whenever I felt the one on the car was getting dirty on the inside. I do not think it improves the way the car looks with it but after 11 yrs and 100k on the clock, the front end looks much better than it would if I had not used one. I wash the car a coupla times with it on then take it off and wash it before putting clean one back on and washing the one that was on the car. It even fits over the MP3 windsplitter that was added to the bumper. Car is parked in garage at home and work so sun fading paint issue for some wasn't issue for mine. Paint has no issues from it being on the car at all. Once removed it is like it was never there. No salt on roads in winter here and not driving car in any foul weather works in it's favor as well. Most on here will not condone the use of one but it has worked out fine for me. It would work well for your intended use IMO.....I only have one now. I sold the other one awhile back after the car was retired from daily driving.

With bra...............
323F_Mar2012_11.JPG

323F_Mar2012_10.JPG

Without...........
slvrsrfwgn.JPG

fullfrontal323f.jpg

OEM part number.........
DSCN1532.JPG

Last edited:
I have rolled with the oem bra since the days when it was brand new & my daily driver. I drove 60 miles a day of freeway mostly high speed not stop n go crawling. Also wanted it for road trips. Actually had 2 of them, the one on the car and a clean one in the garage. I would swap them out whenever I felt the one on the car was getting dirty on the inside. I do not think it improves the way the car looks with it but after 11 yrs and 100k on the clock, the front end looks much better than it would if I had not used one. I wash the car a coupla times with it on then take it off and wash it before putting clean one back on and washing the one that was on the car. It even fits over the MP3 windsplitter that was added to the bumper. Car is parked in garage at home and work so sun fading paint issue for some wasn't issue for mine. Paint has no issues from it being on the car at all. Once removed it is like it was never there. No salt on roads in winter here and not driving car in any foul weather works in it's favor as well. Most on here will not condone the use of one but it has worked out fine for me. It would work well for your intended use IMO.....I only have one now. I sold the other one awhile back after the car was retired from daily driving.

With bra...............
323F_Mar2012_11.JPG

323F_Mar2012_10.JPG

Without...........
slvrsrfwgn.JPG

fullfrontal323f.jpg

OEM part number.........
DSCN1532.JPG

Thank you. I appreciate the response, pictures, and part number info! Btw looks nice, such a clean p5!.

Wish I could find an OEM bra. My front end's paint is so messed up I'd consider gladly put a bra on it to hide it.

I'd run one if I had it. The front of my car is full of chips from freeway driving.

Wish I could find an OEM bra. My front end's paint is so messed up I'd consider gladly put a bra on it to hide it.

I'd run one if I had it. The front of my car is full of chips from freeway driving.
It wasn't a popular thing but I have used it for these reasons so when I do take it off the paint is still intact. Kinda has 2 different faces with and without it too. I like the way the car looks without it better but like what the bra does to keep it all fresh looking for when it is off. Popular has never been a quest of mine anyway, lol...............

I never liked hood bras, if you want to protect your front end from chipping and what not, you can get this thin see-through sticker on the front of your car, don't know what its called, but I have seen it on many new german cars.

Clear bra. Wanna buy one? Never put it on my car. Our 2013 RAV4 came with a clear bra on it. Not exclusive to high end stuff any more...............

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back