HKS Diaphragm Fail SSQV, any fix?

:
06 MS6/03.5 MSP
besides the, "buy a different bov" answer, anyone know of any fixes to my problem. unfortunately this is the 2nd of 4 hks bov's that have established a failing vaccuum diaphragm. i took it apart and it seems like nothings damaged which is weird. running in vta there's no more loud squeak, just massive fluttering, which is an obvious problem, considering that before hand if it was running vta (with the gold fitting ill add) it would vent off properly as it should. i switched back to the stock and vta and it vented perfectly, and there's no difference in my vac readings. and there's nothing wrong with the gasket mating to the flange or the small steel line off the back of the bov. the spring in the back side is also well it seems. anyone else i've seen with the same problem reports a vac diaphragm failing. but there's gotta be some sort of a fix...anything?

Mine started screeching loudly a few weeks ago under boost.
I shot it full of silicone lube which seems to have fixed it.
I don't think it is the diaphragm failing, I think it is scoring of the piston rod which causes it to bind up.

how difficult is it to push the piston back? I can push it with one finger where as the stock valve is pretty hard to push back. There does not seem to be any binding at the shaft as it can be pushed in smoothly. still, the bov does not vent at all...

Ummm... are you saying you no longer hold boost? Or that it doesn't "sound" right anymore? I'm confused... The SSQV is supposed to flutter under low boost levels... hell on my car anything less than 10 PSI is flutter. But far as I can tell it holds boost fine... and under full throttle/boost it purges in a single loud PSSHHHH

yeah that's the problem i was having. when i first had it it would make a nice loud squeak (vta at the time) almost at any boost level, i've had 4 different ssqv's and they've all done the same and on other peoples cars too. so that was good. all of a sudden about a month after installing it i realized that at low boost (0-10) it would flutter like crazy and i would have to be wide open throttle to hear any sort of squeak and even then it was a really short short squeak at best. i took it completely apart and back together and there didn't seem to be any problems but i got rid of it and got another one.

Back