high pitch sound!

High pitch noise

I have had the same noise, but determined it is the fan in the dash that pumps air into the cabin. I noticed that it happens when it is really hot out. I ran with my heater on high for a while to see if I could replicate it and have not heard it again since I did that. I dunno if that actually fixed it but its been gone for a while.

Just my 2 cents.

fkmp5 said:
when i broke a manifold bolt, i had a whistle sound around 5500+ RPMs due to a very slight exhaust leak..

this is what I have from about 5K while WOT once in a while due to me snapping the upper left header bolt in the engine.....

My factory roof rack cross-bars whistle @ speeds above 70 mph. That's why I took them off.
No more whistle.

memo79 said:
My factory roof rack cross-bars whistle @ speeds above 70 mph. That's why I took them off.
No more whistle.

thats why you remove your cross bars if not using them....gives the black P5 a sharp look.....

-R

I had the same high pitched noise in my car. I know for a fact it wasnt my factory stereo because I heard with my factory stereo removed from the car. This includes the radio, speakers, and spare tire sub. (I was on the way to pick up my new stereo). At any rate it is definately RPM sensitive and the sound seems to originate from the top/middle section of the dash. I had a friend drive my car on the highway for a while, while i chased down the sound and that was the closest I could pinpoint. I happened both while the AC was off and re-circulating, as well as when invoking outside air.

It could very well be tranny resonance after the tranny has been broken in. The noise definately wasnt there when I bought the car but after about 15k miles it started developing.

The dealership I took it to heard the noise, but couldnt explain to me what it was and told me as long as nothing was broken it wasnt a problem. Well if they cant tell me what it is, how can they say nothing is broken or coming loose or anything? Not the most comforting people there. Haha.

not sure if this is what youre talkin about, but my car does some whistlin on the passenger side i believe whenever i go 80mph or above. never had any high pitched noises with the speakers, though.

Back