hid kit conversion on ebay...

Go for 4300k, most light output.

I just ordered the 55w DDM kit last night for the p5 after burning out the 2nd silverstar bulb in 6 months. Was @ 100 shipped since I wanted the 55w ballasts. Also got a kit for the r6. w00!

r Go for 4300k, most light output.

I just ordered the 55w DDM kit last night for the p5 after burning out the 2nd silverstar bulb in 6 months. Was @ 100 shipped since I wanted the 55w ballasts. Also got a kit for the r6. w00!

too late, i already ordered them. and for the 55w, are they legal?

For the mod, im really n00b with those things. I could break stg elsedoing that...but i dont want to break my lights not doing this mod. So the best is to not install them :p. yeah!

ok got flagged down by a local cop today says he saw my headlights from two blocks away said they are really bright but look nice and this was during the day time.Apexicone 12k 35w singlebeam kit.

haha, its illegal here in texas...friend got pulled over for his HID's.
but he said his car came like that and he has no car knowledge...cause his parents bought that car for him as a suprise.....what a lame excuse but it worked.

i have my hid's but before installation i have some questions. i know there is a tutorial on how to have them working properly, but i dont want to do that. Too complicated for me. I saw aslo there is another way to have them working nice, just connect the harness to the chassis and my hid will always be on...so that seems to be a better idea for me but i would like to know if they will die faster if i do this that way?

I'm not sure if the different ground to the chassis idea REALLY works. I've done the DRL rewire mod and it's well worth it. What do you mean will they stop working?

Dude you gotta give people more than a couple hours to reply during the day. Bumping it 4 times in 4 hours won't get you a faster answer lol :)

As for your question, I've never heard anyone have problems with them because they wired it to the chassis.

I myself have it wired that way, and I've been running it for 3 months without any issues. I'm sure other members have done the same for a MUCH longer time.

Only thing I ever found as advice for it, is to turn the lights on AFTER the engine starts (as in keep your handbrake on until after you turn the engine on, then release handbrake which will fire up your lights.).

thank you.

i meant are the bulb going to burn faster because they are always on or they will last forever?

Yeah. I've done alot of looking around before actually buying my HIDs cause I didnt know if it was worth it at first.

But if you can save some money for them, go for it. First of all it looks great. Second of all, at the price of H7 bulbs, if they keep burning up, in the long run HIDs will actually be cheaper.

Back