HID Install

check out sensinitas DIY bake and black out your headlights sections for the how-to on removing the headlights.

Check out the HD lip section and you'll see a link from me that brings you to a how to page...its for the 3 but should work for the 5....I know The Saint had posted a HID how to in the past specifically for our 5s but I can't seem to find it....(crazy)

Last edited:
it is not the same. Wiring up HID on mazda 3 and mazda 5 is different.

Basically you need to remove the front bumper. Remove both headlights. Remove the original bulbs. Insert HID bulbs in place and band the connector just a bit so it holds the bulb in place. As the wiring goes, connect "+" oem with "+" on your HID, then take "-" HID and ground it to the frame. I suggest you use electrical tape for every connection. Check you HID, ,they should be working just fine at that point. Put the headlights back. Put the front bumper on. Enjoy your ride with bright HIDs on.

If you have more questions or require some help, feel free to PM me here or TM5 site.

Dima

Good catch Dima-san....

Found The Saint's post....
here you go, hope this helps...contact Dima if you need help, he seems very competent with all the wiring he's done on his 5, BTW Dima's ride is sick!!, I still jock the seat covers (cabpatch)still wish they weren't $300+! I suck at wiring things up...all I know is that the wires matched and it worked, no fires ensued...LOL...

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120936

Last edited:
it is not the same. Wiring up HID on mazda 3 and mazda 5 is different.

Basically you need to remove the front bumper. Remove both headlights. Remove the original bulbs. Insert HID bulbs in place and band the connector just a bit so it holds the bulb in place. As the wiring goes, connect "+" oem with "+" on your HID, then take "-" HID and ground it to the frame. I suggest you use electrical tape for every connection. Check you HID, ,they should be working just fine at that point. Put the headlights back. Put the front bumper on. Enjoy your ride with bright HIDs on.

If you have more questions or require some help, feel free to PM me here or TM5 site.

Dima

Why do you complicate yourself like that ? You don't have to remove your bumper and your headlights just to install HID !!! You just have to put your HID bulb where was the OEM bulb and connect the wiring ...

I don't see the point of removing your bumper / headlights to install HID bulbs !!!

Why do you complicate yourself like that ? You don't have to remove your bumper and your headlights just to install HID !!! You just have to put your HID bulb where was the OEM bulb and connect the wiring ...

I don't see the point of removing your bumper / headlights to install HID bulbs !!!

only because it takes no more than 15 minutes to remove the bumper and headlights, meanwhile makes your life so much easier. Not to say that my ballasts are behind the bumper cover, so is the ground point. I figured that the only place to mount the ballasts where it is not on the way, is right on top of the front rail bar. Not sure how long it took you to do the install, but I spent 40 minutes including removal and installation of the bumper and headlights.

It's the guy who sell me the kit who install it to me, it took him i would say about 15 minutes. He will come back to install the relay to bypass the DRL, this will take more time because he have to pass a wire through the firewall.

Awaken,

You don't have to install a relay to bypass your DRL... You simply need to put the negative (-) of your HIDs to any ground of your vehicle.

This is what I did and they don't blink anymore.. It took me 2 minutes to figure it out (with the help of a good soul on this forum)!
See pictures attached.

Si t'as besoin d'aide, PM moi!

Jasma.

Attachments

• 09-01-08-01.jpg
    09-01-08-01.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 09-01-08-02.jpg
    09-01-08-02.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 1,028
Installing them without removing the bumper is do-able, just a pain in the ass...the first time I did it I did it without removing the bumper, but the metal clips took me a good hour to clip in...when I replaced my bulb and remounted my ballast I took off the bumper to mount them underneath(cleaner). Plus if I do get pulled over (knock on wood) and the cop asks to look under the hood (probably not as likely nowadays, but happened alot more in my past) he wouldn't see that I have aftermarket HIDs so easily....besides my 5s bone stock and there's no big ass intercooler in the front.

Awaken,

You don't have to install a relay to bypass your DRL... You simply need to put the negative (-) of your HIDs to any ground of your vehicle.

This is what I did and they don't blink anymore.. It took me 2 minutes to figure it out (with the help of a good soul on this forum)!
See pictures attached.

Jasma.

attachment.php

This the same grounding point that I used (with the relay) but my HIDs still blinks. What did I do wrong?

Awaken,

See pictures attached.

Jasma.

attachment.php

This is the same grounding point that I used (with the relay) but my HIDs still blinks with the DRL. What did I do wrong?

attachment.php

This is the same grounding point that I used (with the relay) but my HIDs still blinks with the DRL. What did I do wrong?

no relay needed with HID install. Don't use all the extra wiring provided. It is simply plug in play, with only exception (grounding point)

Ok....

Here are 2 pictures of bolts that you can also use as a grounding point. (pictures are left and right).

Attachments

• P4271793.JPG
    P4271793.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 198
  • P4271794.JPG
    P4271794.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 184
I got it right this time. Got the ground wire connected to ground point instead of connecting to OEM headlight socket. Thank you all for the help.

I tried everything but still no fogs so I went to the dealer. They found that the BCM needs changing (Body Computer Module???) Although they see the HID the tech. say its not related so they will cover under warranty. They have to order so have to go back tues for them to install.

I tried everything but still no fogs so I went to the dealer. They found that the BCM needs changing (Body Computer Module???) Although they see the HID the tech. say its not related so they will cover under warranty. They have to order so have to go back tues for them to install.

good news man, I guess you did everything right with HID install

Back