Hi Guys

Hey guys, im from england, i usally have a look around the forum for info on my mazda 323(protege5), theres not much info over here about them.

i just dynoed my car, which only engine mod is an injen, and it came out at 137hp, thats at the fly. what i want to know is where do i go from here, ive done all the searches and im no stranger to modding cars but i really am stumped as to the best parts to get?. id like to turbo it but id rather uprate everything else before i do, as over here we have to pay massive insurance costs.

Cheers guys

NMMotorsport said:
Hey guys, im from england, i usally have a look around the forum for info on my mazda 323(protege5), theres not much info over here about them.

i just dynoed my car, which only engine mod is an injen, and it came out at 137hp, thats at the fly. what i want to know is where do i go from here, ive done all the searches and im no stranger to modding cars but i really am stumped as to the best parts to get?. id like to turbo it but id rather uprate everything else before i do, as over here we have to pay massive insurance costs.

Cheers guys

wow nice, us P5'ers arent even getting 130hp at the fly let alone. 137hp

arent they the same?

DSCF1136.jpg

Is there any difference from your car in stock form, and our car in stock form? Our car being the US Protege5. The usual numbers I hear with light mods are near 100 wheel hp.

Cars for US import are detuned to run on the crappy gas over here. The UK has decent quality gas (petrol, sorry)

Welcome! Go for a 2.5" or larger midpipe and cat-back exhaust if you are going turbo. Don't worry about a header if that is the case. Also, look into heavier duty clutch and maybe even throw in a lighter flywheel while you're at it to free up a few more hp.

137 at the flywheel is pretty believable I guess with just a CAI.

Back