Hi guys how many pounds of boost can u run a stock engine?

I'll have to dyno my car then so I can steal that record...I was at 245whp/244tq with a hole in my boost piping and huge exhaust leak, and I've gone up 2psi....

Hell yeah, go for it! I would, but I'm scared lol

I need my car till at least the end of this year.

I was thinking about tubing around 5 to 7 psi And what should I do if I want to run it that high

That should be okay. For starters plan on getting new clutch kit as your will quickly be on its way out if it is not already once its subjected to repeated boost. Exedy Stage 1 is a great replacement.

Alright cool that sounds great but dam that's alot of money and I don't have that money right now

5 to 7 psi is fine for a dd the stock msp set up is 6psi? I would say get a beater car just incase because once you go with a turbo it puts stress on the motor that its never had before. I have a 500 dollar beater for when this finally goes I'm staying away from turbos completley untill I have forged internals. You need to do a lot of research before you actually decide to goahead and do it. Also your current intake won't work with a turbo

Well I am 18 and don't really have a full time job that's y it's hard for me to get money

Then you should focus on saving your money first and for most. Gas prices are insane and lord knows that's a big hit to your pocket; then dropping in a turbo wouldn't help. After you have some decent money under your belt you should check out your nearest junior college and get your associates. Believe me it's not hard! Just focus on getting your s*** straight and finishing school. Doesn't matter what it is, but if I was anyone I focus on learning a particular skill you enjoy doing. The semester's will fly by in no time!

When you graduate you'll future will be a whole lot brighter. Then when you find a good job and have money for yourself.... MOD AWAY~! :)

Ya I know but I am trying to save up and get my s*** and I am going to do mechanic school I hope and thanks man

Damn I wish I dyno'd mined before I streteched the wrist pin........... 18 PSI on a stock block for over 6 months ;)..Oh and no holes in the block....... Oh well, no dyno no proof. I would say 8-9 PSI daily with a good tune and you will be fine. I run 12 on LO and 15 on HI now until I can dyno tune :)

Rob

Damn I wish I dyno'd mined before I streteched the wrist pin........... 18 PSI on a stock block for over 6 months ;)..Oh and no holes in the block....... Oh well, no dyno no proof. I would say 8-9 PSI daily with a good tune and you will be fine. I run 12 on LO and 15 on HI now until I can dyno tune :)

Rob

You ran 18psi on stock internals, if so about how many miles were on your car when you ran it that Rob? That's crazy stuff... if you could pm me your mod list @ the time and tune I'll appreciate it..

Apx 25,000 is when I upped my boost, Stretched the wrist pin at 38,000. I'll shoot you a PM, I am not saying for anyone to try it....... Just saying I made it work and I was running EMS. I just wish I got a dyno/ drag strip run but I was young and having fun on Sat nights....

Rob

Apx 25,000 is when I upped my boost, Stretched the wrist pin at 38,000. I'll shoot you a PM, I am not saying for anyone to try it....... Just saying I made it work and I was running EMS. I just wish I got a dyno/ drag strip run but I was young and having fun on Sat nights....

Rob

ahh.. I see now. She was just a baby...

I am only at 41000 now on the body......... 1200 on my new motor ;)

Rob

The goal is at 2500 miles on the motor I will switch to a full stand alone, dyno tune at 25 PSI and see how long the motor last........

Rob

BTW I will have a spare 2500$ built motor ready........unlike last time :(....... IMO if you want to boost more than 14 PSI be prepaired to swap out your motor at some point.

Well I have, Injen cold air, Steedspeed headers, CorkSport full exhaulst, running 2 BOVs and a fmic, dd @ 11psi winter mode and 9psi summer mode, 110k miles and running good =) ops forgeting the 93oct only and mobil1 full syntec every 5k miles

attachment.php

I know its dirty and messy -_- sorry its cold in here lol cant wait to shower my baby real good when it gets warmer

Last edited:
Then you should focus on saving your money first and for most. Gas prices are insane and lord knows that's a big hit to your pocket; then dropping in a turbo wouldn't help. After you have some decent money under your belt you should check out your nearest junior college and get your associates. Believe me it's not hard! Just focus on getting your s*** straight and finishing school. Doesn't matter what it is, but if I was anyone I focus on learning a particular skill you enjoy doing. The semester's will fly by in no time!

When you graduate you'll future will be a whole lot brighter. Then when you find a good job and have money for yourself.... MOD AWAY~! :)

Listen to him you already have intake exhaust and suspension setup that's good enough for now. If I had listned to everybody id be graduating this spring with a degree to make 50k a year starting out but instead now I bust my ass for 10 bucks an hour and can barely afford to fix my car forget about the car and go to shool even if its just a community college not lecturing just saying think about your life not a car that won't last longer than a year before it blows up after you turbo it

Back