Hesitation Problem

gerlitzkib6

Contributor
:
12' White Pearl MS3
Ok, so my car has had a hesitation problem since soon after i bought it. The problem seems to be mostly when the ac is on. Now I know that when your ac is on it takes away power, but trust me its more than that. It feels like it robbin' me of about 50 horses. Not only is it just hesitating it feels like it will skip a beat and jerk in the middle of accelerating (at night the lights will dim when it jerks). The problem def happens more when the ac is on, but sometimes does it when its not on. Could somethin be wrong with my charging system? Or my ac system? (sad1)

Put brand new ngk's in when i got it about 3 months ago. I'm probably gonna get it flashed. Is there anyway of knowing if my car is already? And how do I know if my local mazda dealer is a mazdaspeed dealer? They are the only dealers that do it right?

Put brand new ngk's in when i got it about 3 months ago. I'm probably gonna get it flashed. Is there anyway of knowing if my car is already? And how do I know if my local mazda dealer is a mazdaspeed dealer? They are the only dealers that do it right?

you can have the dealer run the vin and see if its been flashed or not

Does it run well when the AC is not running? The lights dimming when it skips is weird sounds like there might be something funky in the electrical system.
Any Mazda dealer should be able to do the flash. If you know which dealer the car was serviced at, then they should have a record. There should be a national Mazda database that the dealer can check (dont know if is all inclusive thought). If it runs good without the AC (after the car is warmed up) then I am dubious that it is just a reflash... but I am now a firm believer that the Reflash is a must is the car hasn't been reflashed already.
I would fire up the AC when it is idling and make sure everything looks/sounds ok. The electric fan should come on (that normal) and the RPMs should dip then stabilize... and that the AC is cooling as it should.

Does it run well when the AC is not running? The lights dimming when it skips is weird sounds like there might be something funky in the electrical system.
Any Mazda dealer should be able to do the flash. If you know which dealer the car was serviced at, then they should have a record. There should be a national Mazda database that the dealer can check (dont know if is all inclusive thought). If it runs good without the AC (after the car is warmed up) then I am dubious that it is just a reflash... but I am now a firm believer that the Reflash is a must is the car hasn't been reflashed already.
I would fire up the AC when it is idling and make sure everything looks/sounds ok. The electric fan should come on (that normal) and the RPMs should dip then stabilize... and that the AC is cooling as it should.

I'm defently going to get the re flash because I found out I didn't have it yet, previous owners were not mechanically inclined. But to answer your question It runs a hell of a lot better when the ac is off. It sometimes does it a tiny bit, almost enough you can barely feel it, even when the ac is off.

So today i noticed something new if anyone is still looking at this thread, maybe it will help with figuring out the problem. When the car "skips a beat" and the ac is on, the ac light (the little green one on the button) goes off for that second.

Your AC control panel is going out, it's a problem on 02-03 models and maybe earlier but was fixed for the 03.5s. As for the reflash, mine is flashed and it has horrible hesitation so i'm not sure it does anything.

Oh ok. Now do you guys think thats what could be causing my problem?? Even with the ac off?

Not with the AC off, but that's why the compressor doesn't kick on when the switch is pressed. My P5 did the same thing.

Back