here is some info on 2009 mazda 6 price and packages

I think that 90% of the avergae demographic of those that will end up buying the new 6 with the v6 or 4 banger for that matter will most likely desire a 5/6 speed auto with the trendy "sports mode" and I am fine with that. My point of it, is that Mazdas MO is zoom zoom, and all about that its a drivers car. with that being said, a 6 speed manual should be an option. It might be a small % of enthuiast that want the manual but its still an important % IMO

I think that 90% of the avergae demographic of those that will end up buying the new 6 with the v6 or 4 banger for that matter will most likely desire a 5/6 speed auto with the trendy "sports mode" and I am fine with that. My point of it, is that Mazdas MO is zoom zoom, and all about that its a drivers car. with that being said, a 6 speed manual should be an option. It might be a small % of enthuiast that want the manual but its still an important % IMO

Indeed.... yes these days there are people that want autos... I would say I'd want an auto in my car if I lived in a horribly congested area like new york city or LA, with all the crappy bumper to bumper traffic, but where I live it's not all that bad, so I actually do prefer manual over auto.

I will never buy another automatic in a "performance" car..... the only Automatics that interest me these days are pickup trucks.... for towing and hauling (thumb)

I understand there are those who want an auto.... but when you offer a 3.7L v6 with 272 naturally aspirated horsepower.... I definitely want a manual....

I didn't even know there were plans to make a mazdaspeed cx-7 ?

Might only be an overseas type of deal though.... like the mazdaspeed mp5.... only available in japan.

The Speed CX-7 isn't for sure coming, but there are some prototypes. I was merely stating that I was watching for it and if it comes I will give it some serious consideration.

Dude there are more people than you think who would prefer manual over auto.... many people these days don't know HOW to drive a manual, which gives cause to the choice of an auto. My aunt is 44 yrs old, doesn't know how to drive manual to save her life. My GF would pick manual over auto, or at least so she says... she wants me to teach her, but the speed6 is a touchy car and I don't want her to learn on that cause it's a bit much for a beginner, I think. So I'd rather teach her on the e30 I'm picking up.

Check out on this forum and over on the mazda6 club, see how many people's cars are manual compared to autos.... you'll be surprised.

I've been to the other forum and I think I have a pretty good idea of what % would actually buy a manual. You have to understand that most of the members of these forums are auto enthusiast's so the % of manual buyers is not even close to the real overall number.

I would love a V6 manual myself, I stated if my situation was different I would be driving a Speed 6 instead of the CX-7. I just don't feel the lack of a manual will effect the sales as much as some of you think.

The Honda Accord V6 is available with a 6 spd manual.

nope sorry. straight from hondacars.com

accord.jpg

I've been to the other forum and I think I have a pretty good idea of what % would actually buy a manual. You have to understand that most of the members of these forums are auto enthusiast's so the % of manual buyers is not even close to the real overall number.

I would love a V6 manual myself, I stated if my situation was different I would be driving a Speed 6 instead of the CX-7. I just don't feel the lack of a manual will effect the sales as much as some of you think.

(werd)
not every mazda owner is on these boards, and hell, how many are around that don't even post??? it only represents a handful of sales.

yea, you basically need to go to Nissan now if you want a reasonably priced v6 manual sedan

I was expecting a little bit more power and mileage from the new 2.5L engine. I'll wait for a hatchback if it ever happens.

nope sorry. straight from hondacars.com

accord.jpg

Wannabe, check the Accord Coupe...you can get the V6 with a 6 speed.

The Accord is available in sedan and coupe body styles with 2.4-liter 4-cylinder and 3.5-liter V-6 engine choices. Available transmissions include a 5-speed manual (standard with all 4-cylinder engines), a 5-speed automatic (standard on sedan V-6 models, available with all 4-cylinder engines and V-6-powered Accord Coupes,) and a 6-speed manual transmission (exclusive to the Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 6MT).

Last edited:
not everyone likes 4 seat coupes - if I'm going to have back seats, I want back doors

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to adopt Honda's strategy and pair the 6 speed manual with the Grand Touring trim package. That way they'll make their money in the gadgets, not the tranny.

Wannabe, check the Accord Coupe...you can get the V6 with a 6 speed.

i was reffering to the direct competiton of the 6. since the coupe is, well, a coupe, it doesn't directly compete.

Motor Trend, Popular Mechanics, and Edmunds Inside Line have all reviewed it and said nothing but good things about the car. Good news indeed.

Screw all that, where's the speed6?! (boom03) LOL ! Yeah I'm a dreamer (thumb)

That's interesting, even with 272hp, and somewhat less torque, the v6 models are still a good second slower in the 1/4 than a speed6... that worries me though cause I'm sure a simple intake and exhaust and a chip will fix that :(

That's interesting, even with 272hp, and somewhat less torque, the v6 models are still a good second slower in the 1/4 than a speed6... that worries me though cause I'm sure a simple intake and exhaust and a chip will fix that :(

They haven't actually tested any yet, those times are all guesstimates. I would expect it to be about a 1/2 sec slower than the Speed 6, due to automatic and no AWD to launch with. From a 60 MPH roll things might be more interesting.

Back