Help with mods that actually give HP gains??

i've been checking the FS threads and MP3 ecu's rarely come up for sale. where is the best/cheapest place to obtain one? (either new or used, cause i'm not totally sold on the flashing thing)

Personally, I took a shot in the dark and located a few with Partsfinder.com...which is a salvage website....Most of the replies were bogus and automatic, but got a couple that actually had the MP3 ECU...Cost about $300, but got it in 2 days....Search by using the actual part numbers and any of the three production runs will work in any manual 3rd Gen Proto...

ProtoType5 said:
Personally, I took a shot in the dark and located a few with Partsfinder.com...which is a salvage website....Most of the replies were bogus and automatic, but got a couple that actually had the MP3 ECU...Cost about $300, but got it in 2 days....Search by using the actual part numbers and any of the three production runs will work in any manual 3rd Gen Proto...

any chance you still have the part numbers you used handy?... if not i'm sure it's on here some place

$300 is a lot to spend on just an ECU...hell my old car got a full custom tune/emission codes erased/raised shift points/etc for that much.

In an otherwise stock car, what are the advantages of putting in an MP3 ECU?

2001 Mazda Protege

MP3/ECU

Part numbers

FS9N-1881
FS9N-1881B
FS9N-1881C

**Advantages are advanced timing using high octane fuel causing a bump in horsepower....Most significant difference is a smoothing of the power band, which creates a seamless delivery of power...unlike the stock P5 ECU which has terrible peaks and valleys in the curve....

Latest posts

Back