HELP with LOC

broansa

:
2005 Mazda 3i
Can someone please let me know how you are sopposed to use this?

- Tap off front or rear speakers, due to output level diff. ?
- How do you find the right wires? take off door panels? (which I am gonna do anyway)
- Is the Line out conerter basically a device that passes only certain frequencies? Such as the low ones?
- I am doing this for subs. How do I know that I am going to splice into the speaker lines, and get only a low freq. sub signal sent to my amp?
- Is that the puprose of the LOC?

Ok, if you are just doing a sub amp, i would tap off the rear speaker wires. You could either use T-taps, Scotch Locks, Butt Connectors, or Solder. I used butt connectors with mine. This involves cutting the wire and twisting one end with the LOC, crimp, then crimp the other side. This really gives you a sure connection, because the wires are twisted together and crimped. I have the wire colors here for you. I also have a 2005 Mazda3, i found all the speaker wires in the passenger kick panel. The purpose of the LOC is to reduce the high-level signal (radio output) to low-level signal (RCA-output) It does nothing with the frequency. There is nothing wrong with using a full-range signal for a sub amp. That is also why amps have high-pass, low-pass filters. The only signal not to use for a sub amp is a high-pass crossed over signal. These are mostly found in amplified factory systems (Infinity, Bose, Mach...) In your case, you will not run into this. Hopefully this helps you. Good Luck!

Radio 12v red to orange/black + radio harness
Radio Ground black/green - radio harness
Radio Ignition yellow + radio harness
Radio Illumination orange/black + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- white/black - gray/black +,-
RF Speaker +/- white/red - gray/red +,-
LR Speaker +/- white/purple - gray/white +,-
RR Speaker +/- white - gray +,-

Thanks a lot! That really helps. I have also since learned about the low pass filter, crossovers and related.

I really appreciate the info

Not to be redundent but I have sinced learned quite a few things through this website and others about much of the car audio spectrum. In retrospect, I probally sounded a little stupid. I do have a back ground in audio and electronics, as in that is what I do for a living, but I am still learning about some of the more "hi-tech" possibilities in car audio, the terminology, etc.
But again thanks for the info above and for anybody else who posts in this forum. Very helpful, and Fun!

Back