Help With fitment..AfterMarket Front Bumper!

What would YOu do?

• Fit it myself.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Pay about $300 it get it fixed.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Sell it.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Leave it as is!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

acidbug

ZoomZoom CX-5
Contributor
:
‘19 CX-5 GTR Tu
Well..like the title states..i have this Buddy Club 2 font bumper...I need some help!

I have attached pics of it!

Attachments

• BC2 Gap.jpg
    BC2 Gap.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
nother pic

Attachments

• BC2 Front Bumper 2.jpg
    BC2 Front Bumper 2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 478
it is cheap fibergalss , it looks like you'll have to have a body shop make it right

Holy Crap, I have heard of Fitment Issues, bt that is unreal. Body shop will have to be the solution. Call BC2 and find out what they have to say...

Buddy Club..states they won't do s***(doh) ...told me to go to get it professionaly fit..

I had a quote on fixing it & painting it...they wanted over $450 for paint & to remold it??(no)

Plannin on going to another shop monday..and priicng...hopefully nt more than $250..

I mean they already have to take bumper off..and by remolding i am sure the original paint will spider & s***...which will need a paint job anywayz..

chas

Chas, go to DTC Designs in Fords (right next to Perth Amboy)

they do all kinds of fiber glass jobs. Anything custom, they will help you out, although I dunno for the price quote. Still worth a try, plus its close to us. Friend of mine works there. His name is Mark and he owns the shop. Tell him that Dennis with black protege reffered you. Maybe he'll give you a price drop. Also mention the other price quote from other shop. They are open 7 days a week.

417 New Brunswick Avenue
Fords, NJ 08863
www.DTCDesigns.com
phone: 732-738-7822 fax: 732-738-7826

whats wrong with it....sorry but i can not tell...maybe i am just looking at the wrong place....could you point it out to me...

bigj884 said:
whats wrong with it....sorry but i can not tell...maybe i am just looking at the wrong place....could you point it out to me...

look how it lines up with the fenders.....

bigj884 said:

well if you look at first pic..it's a shot of where the bumper meets the side pannel (aka fender)..there is a gap..and it's don't line up..

2nd where the bumper meets the grill it doesn't line up right..and one side is sitting higher than the other..i need to get some better pics up..hopefully tom..some high res pics..

chas

pdhaudio83 said:
where did you buy it ?

from a member on this board...don't remember his name..but i am sure i could findit if i look harder..the guy promised me a perfect fit..he said he test fitted it..and had no problems..needless to say..he lied to me!

Chas(doh)

Holy Crap, What a Kick In The Junk!

**** it, Sell it and leave it alone. It's simply not worth it unless you have a major woddie for this kit...

maybe the guy who sold it to you is looking for one that fits right. make a new username and sell it back to him! (rofl2)

Buddy Club 2 wouldn't do anything? Damn, On their website, under the description of the kit they state:
"[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full four-piece bodykit made with hand-laid fiberglass. Guaranteed OEM fitment."

Are you sure it's an authentic Buddy Club 2? Does it have their id plate on it?

Kinda worried. I just ordered a Buddy Club 2 kit directly from Buddy Club 2.
[/font]

Last edited:
I am not the only one with this problem..there are 2 other people with this same front bumper..and had the same issue with the same spots..but they had professionally fixed..

Chas

So far I have not heard of any place that gave a damn about their own Guaranteed OEM fitment policies. Theres always the "well has your car been in accident, or has the car been altered in any way," excuses. They can always state that there maybe a need to have a professional install the kit for best fitment, it'll be in the fine fine print somewhere on the website. Well dahhh because the professional will mold it on for you at a price, and then it'll fit like OEM.

This goes all the same for any aftermarket products. You got to bite the bullet and be prepared to lay some $$$ to get it right.

I think wingswest does the same thing, they say OEM Fitment but they'll also say there maybe a need for a professional to fit and install the kit. Those two things should not be in the same sentence nor the same site. Businesses always try to save themselves from law suits and warranty issues.

This is right out of buddyclub2.com

http://www.buddyclub2.com/installation.htm

If you even skim through it they are not responsible for any fitment issues. But yet they say when you look up the kit for the protege, it'll say OEM fitment.

Last edited:
Back