HELP! Sliding door won't open; door handle fell off.

Cool. The thought crossed my mind to do that also, but with the cold weather here I was very hesitant to 'bend' anything plastic. I can't imagine what one of those panels costs. I am very glad that it worked out for you. If the panel is left on, the window track stays put so you definitely don't need to mess with it then. Very slick!

I was having flashbacks to when I did the heater core in our old Focus in the month of January (-20 degrees F) and the plastic housing came out in 6 or so pieces. Ford had discontinued the part and it was 4 hours of labor to remove one from a junkyard car short of sawzall-ing the entire dash and console. After hours of trying to find one, I gave up but finally did manage to put it all back together with superglue.

Just a quick update on my broken handle. The way mine broke... the plastic just kind of sheared off and nothing internal broke. So, I bought some JB Weld and just "welded it back on! Didn't take any pics, sorry, but it worked perfectly. Handle has normal operation... we'll see how long it lasts I guess.

I made an account just so I could say thank you to everyone on this forum. My wife has a 2007 Mazda 5 GT and the handle was ripped off by someone at her work. With the directions posted here I was able to replace and have everything put back together in less than an hour. Once again, thank you everyone!

This is a great thread.

Could you guys step back and provide some of the steps you went through to remove the interior door panel of the passenger sliding door?

I've been searching the forum but this is the only thread that really goes into the Mazda 5 doors.

Back