Help request per CD player in my 08 CX-7

bachman

:
'16 CX-9 Soul Red/Parchment , Touring
First, I apologize in advance if there is a better/smarter way or place to post this issue. I've looked up a few problems others have had on the CX-7 and find posts months or years old that didn't get any response. Just to be clear, it's probably me being a noob (not being critical of the forum). :)

We've had this car for almost a year and just today, the CD player is acting up. I was wanting to sample a few songs to figure out what disc to pop out to see what movie soundtrack I was looking for. It was playing disc 4 and I pushed 3 or something to hear another one. Then my wife is making a cell call and I kinda forget about the music. A few minutes later, I notice it's off so I figure she stopped it to chat on her phone. She says she didn't and now it won't play any CD, displays "NO CD" and I try the load button, the eject button, going up or down on the disc choices etc. I even unhooked the battery thinking it may reset something. It seems all radio and other H U functions are all normal and working. I just figured it would display 'error' or something if there were any problems. My ext warranty is probably going to cover this but it will be $100 deductible (if I remember right). I held a few buttons in as I powered it on and off and tried about every combination I can think of.

Just hoping or taking a shot in case someone has some other ideas to try or had a similar experience. I'm assuming there is a log jam in the tray somewhere but it does not display error or anything noteworthy. Thanks in advance for any input !!

~brian

Last edited:
Done nothing yet but .... Of all things to scam out of the ext warranty, this was not covered.
I have yet to get an est of repair and will likely have an ipod input added instead b/c it might be less expensive anyways. I'll update when I get something done though.

I did do the following; $90 4 wheel alignment at SEARS - very happy and I was certain it was way out of spec.

Added new tires and went with Pirelli Verde A/S - very happy, quiet and smooth yet to be tested on ice and snow but well rated by other users.

Last edited:
Back