Help out a long lost owner

PCspeed3

:
Pearl White Speed 3
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I have been on here. I sold my speed 3 about a year or so ago, I fully regret that decision. However I know a girl that just got an '09 Speed and she wants to make it "cool" like mine was. I have kinda been out of the loop as far as MS3's go. She wants to do wheels so I pretty much already told her she has to get Advan RZ's. Then I was thinking rear motor mount, Cobb SRI, BPV and Accessport. From there maybe a downpipe or something but that is in the future. Just wanted to make sure it's okay to run Cobb SRI for awhile before she gets a tune, I remember running mine stage 2 for awhile without a tune and I was okay. Is the Cobb BPV worth the $300? I had a Forge and it worked great. I would tell her rear sway bar but I don't think she drives hard enough to notice a difference. Any suggestions for other things I missed? Opinions on these parts? Thanks guys!

There's really not much need for a bpv unless the stock one is broken. If she doesn't want to go full tune an intake is fine by itself. If she wants to maximize the stock equipment she can get a hypertech. I think the ap is only good for tuning after more than just the intake is replaced

And only then do I recommend a complete tune by a credited shop. And one that has already done some ms3's

I totally agree with oaklandopen, im sure she doesn't want the hassle of a warranty issue with Mazda either, so keep the mods simple that way they can be reversed quickly. The hypertech and an intake is a really nice amount of power..thats all I have power wise and im not bored yet!

Latest posts

Back