help! how to blow motor? warranty

Mr.Ames

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
my warranty company is trying to screw me out of a new motor cuz they dont want to cover rings and seals. how can i blow my motor without wrecking anything else? then they HAVE to replace it...
i've heard of people throwing rods from revving too high for too long. wut if i fill a cylinder with oil and fire it up, would that bust those tiny little rods? i need some ideas. thanks

stay at rev limiter for like 5min or you could get a friend to find a really big turbo and run like 30 pounds to your motor lol (that would actually be amusing)

its a 3rd party warranty. nothing to do with mazda canada and if they didnt try to **** me in the first place, they wouldnt have to worry about it. i had my tranny rebuilt and as soon as i got it back it started popping out of 5th gear and they are telling me they wont cover it because they could have put a used tranny in instead of rebuilding mine

Why not just go on a road trip without any oil? Keep the old oil and refill it once the engine craps out.

No rods on this engine. Bouncing off the rev limiter will only cause an overheating situation if it won't cool well.

You could try to "money shift" it. Get near redline in 3rd, then downshift to 2nd. Preferrably going downhill. That's the best way to overrev the engine. It'll be a wild ride though.

A big shotof nitrous would do some nice damage too. Not sure if it'd be too obvious though.

Last edited:
Why not just go on a road trip without any oil? Keep the old oil and refill it once the engine craps out.

better yet get the oil changed by a mazda dealership, and then drain it the next day, then you have proof so they cant try to tell you that you didnt do your maintanence

i have all my service records from mazda from the day i bought the car used from a chrysler dealer. warranty does not cover oil starvation. breakdown however, it does

so rev the crap out of it til something break? no opinions on trying to "hydro-lock" it by pouring oil in a cylinder? cuz my valve stem seals DO leak quite a bit

this is a good example of why you NEVER EVER buy that aftermarket warranty bulls***

well it was either that or no warranty at all, and it has already pair for itself. i had some other things replaced while it was in, like a/c control ($400) motor mount ($200), 3rd and 4th gears/shift fork... plus labour. that still doesnt excuse them for not standing behind the contract they hold with me

Rather than sabotaging your car and possibly having that claim denied, too, you may want to contact a lawyer to find out if the warranty company is actually in breach of the contract.

Chances are, there's some tiny little print somewhere that you haven't read that makes their inaction perfectly legal, even if it is total bulls*** from a rational, moral, stand-by-your-product point of view.

Right now, if they're refusing you service, you're basically just out the cost of the warranty you paid for, and even that cost you've apparently already recouped with previous work. If you blow up your car and they shoot you down on covering it, you're also out a car, until you can pay for a motor and the fix, yourself. The lawyer will cost you less.

Besides,
my warranty company is trying to screw me out of a new motor cuz they dont want to cover rings and seals. how can i blow my motor without wrecking anything else? then they HAVE to replace it...
Why exactly do you think they owe you a new motor if it's not yet blown? I'm a bit confused.

Rather than sabotaging your car and possibly having that claim denied, too, you may want to contact a lawyer to find out if the warranty company is actually in breach of the contract.

Chances are, there's some tiny little print somewhere that you haven't read that makes their inaction perfectly legal, even if it is total bulls*** from a rational, moral, stand-by-your-product point of view.

Right now, if they're refusing you service, you're basically just out the cost of the warranty you paid for, and even that cost you've apparently already recouped with previous work. If you blow up your car and they shoot you down on covering it, you're also out a car, until you can pay for a motor and the fix, yourself. The lawyer will cost you less.

Besides,
Why exactly do you think they owe you a new motor if it's not yet blown? I'm a bit confused.

Well said

its gonna suck if you run the eff out of your car and still dont manage to blow anything, think of all that extra wear and tear you put on it and no new engine

VTCS sabotage?

Seriously, this is not the correct way to go about the problem. Check the warranty's fine print--does it exclude rings and seals for some reason?

I had a buddy who fought his warranty company for a new engine. After going back and forth a couple times, he won. They replaced the engine. :)

Back