"help:choosing New Car"

Cameleon3

:
Mazda MP3 (Blue Mica)
Ok, well since I plan to start a family and I don't want to spend $$$ for a timing belt and alternator, I am going to sell my Mazda MP3.
I need some suggestions for good inexpensive cars (Preferrably SUV). I am willing to get it used so no older than a 2005 with low KMs.

Looking at the following (any opinions):
1) Mazda Tribute
2) Ford Escape

3)Looked at Mazda 3 GT but i am not sure if the car is big enough
PLEASE HELP!!!!thanks in advance

What about a Mazda 5? They're a good kid hauler but still have some cool features and gadgets...

Ok, well since I plan to start a family and I don't want to spend $$$ for a timing belt and alternator, I am going to sell my Mazda MP3.
I need some suggestions for good inexpensive cars (Preferrably SUV). I am willing to get it used so no older than a 2005 with low KMs.

Looking at the following (any opinions):
1) Mazda Tribute
2) Ford Escape

3)Looked at Mazda 3 GT but i am not sure if the car is big enough
PLEASE HELP!!!!thanks in advance

this might hurt, but I would skip the SUV and go straight to the minivan. Holds more people, has more room, and the best part is the sliding doors. You don't have to worry about your kid slamming the door into anything or somebody elses car. My buddies slam me for driving around the ol' honda odyessey but it is way more helpful and useful than the tribute is.

If you can't make the leap to the minivan, I have an 03 tribute that is my work vehicle and it is a solid car but as far as putting in a car seat and all the other stuff it gets tight quick.

you could get a used mazda 5 or a used minivan for pretty cheap. i prefer the minivan for a kid hauler (especially young ones: infants, toddlers) over suvs because of the sliding doors and lower entry height. it's real easy to put my daughter in her car seat in our mazda5.

Yikes...I was hoping u guys wouldn't mention a mini van or a Mazda 5. I can't see myself driving around a Minivan. I know they are VERY convenient but I want a somewhat nice looking car too. Any other suggestions??

Thanks again for ur replies though. I will keep it in mind....

What about a used 6 sportwagon?

First off, ur avatar cracks me up everytime. My colleagues are always making fun of me because I like Chinese food and they say I am eating cat or dog..lmao

the 6 wagon is nice but I think it's outside of my budget..I am looking for somethign between $15000.00-$20000.00. I will look into it though..thanks!!

Yikes...I was hoping u guys wouldn't mention a mini van or a Mazda 5. I can't see myself driving around a Minivan. I know they are VERY convenient but I want a somewhat nice looking car too. Any other suggestions??

Thanks again for ur replies though. I will keep it in mind....

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and buy the car that fits your needs. I hate our Honda CRV but it gets the job done.

the 6 wagon is nice but I think it's outside of my budget..I am looking for somethign between $15000.00-$20000.00. I will look into it though..thanks!!

a used one should fit into that budget quite nicely.

i saw a leftover new 06 toyota sienna for $19,5 a few months ago. if i was a patient man, i would've waited for that, instead of buying my 06 mazda5 for 19k.

Well, right now I don't have any kids so I am hoping to get an SUV..then buy a second card in 2-3 years (hoping I will have enough $$$ not to buy a van...lol).

The P5s would have been great right now but they are too old now. The Mazda 3s are nice but the trunk space doesn't look any bigger than mine.

subaru forester XT (don't know what they're priced in canada though). not quite an SUV, plenty of space, and plenty of fun.

i don't really get why you're getting rid of the MP3 though. i know you're planning to start a family but if your wife isn't pregnant then it's at least 9 months away. it sounds to me like, since you don't need a new car right now, spend the couple hundred bucks on the alternator/timing belt (though isn't it a non-interference engine? so you could possibly skip that unless it's actually broken) and save your money until you really need to get the other car.

subaru forester XT (don't know what they're priced in canada though). not quite an SUV, plenty of space, and plenty of fun.

i don't really get why you're getting rid of the MP3 though. i know you're planning to start a family but if your wife isn't pregnant then it's at least 9 months away. it sounds to me like, since you don't need a new car right now, spend the couple hundred bucks on the alternator/timing belt (though isn't it a non-interference engine? so you could possibly skip that unless it's actually broken) and save your money until you really need to get the other car.

U make a very good point but the problem is that I listened to stupid Mazda 2-3 years ago and I didn't do the anti rust treatment so now I am seeing some rust build up. After 2-3 years of treatments, they told me that they only did the treatment if there were signs of rust...don't even bother asking me why I was such a dumbass to listen to them. SO before it gets worse, I want to sell it.

it's dorky i know....I went throught the same battle. i bought the mazda tribute first (thankfully work purchased it from me for me to use 4 months later). I bought the honda and have never been happier, dispite being a mini-van the thing is bad-ass.(band2)

OMG!!! I hate this Kipper guy....he is trying to brainwash me into buying a van...VAN'S ARE NOT COOL!! STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!

LMAO..just playing..I appreciate the help...and I know how convenient they are because my sister has one but right now, at this time, it's not for me.

Hmmm....I know my Dad loves his Subaru Outback Wagon...maybe look at a Subie?

Latest posts

Back