Help! Can't find CF tails!

Rush

:
91 MX-5, 13 ILX
So. Fifteen years later, I've finally gotten around t'buying a pair of carbon fiber tails for the MSP. After seeing the set that jersey_emt has in person .. Ohyes. Definitely want THOSE.

So I found some online, and tried to order them. A few days later, they called me, and informed me that those CF tails are no longer being manufactured. Rrrgh!

Does anyone know if this is true or not? Or does anyone know where I can order a set of the CF tails? I'm afraid I don't know what specific manufacturer makes them .. All I know is that they're CF tail lights. They are NOT just 'black' ones. They're specifically called carbon fiber.

Any information is GREATLY appreciated, as I REALLY want a set of these! Desperately!!

Attachments

• CFTails.gif
    CFTails.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 200
Go to this link http://www.protegegarage.com/
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pageHeading vAlign=top>APC Protege Sedan Carbon Fiber Taillights</TD><TD class=pageHeading vAlign=top align=right>$215.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel_trans.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=main><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallText align=middle><SCRIPT language=javascript><!--document.write('
Click to enlarge');//--></SCRIPT>
Click to enlarge <NOSCRIPT>
Click to enlarge
</NOSCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>These "altezza" style carbon fiber taillights transform the rear of your Protege sedan. PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sorry, but those look like ass to me. This is what I think of everytime I see them:

fd80fa9c.jpg

That's a VW GTI tail light, but if you insist on getting these, I'll be forced to redo the picture with the Protege altezza.

Okay, so. First off -- Justin, shaddap. :p

Secondly, I really DO like the look of these .. but I don't know if I like 'em enough to spend $200. That's pretty steep for a set of tails -- especially when I could use that money (and some extra that I have) to get my HKS muffler and FINALLY be just one step short of havin' my exhaust hooked up.

Does anyone have any other tail light suggestions that WON'T cost me as much? I'd like to avoid the bling-bling look of the chrome, I don't think it'll look right against the Titanium. Hence my liking of the dark CF.

And yes, I know that there's the darker tails that pop up on Ebay .. but I don't trust Ebay anymore. Not after some of the crap I've gotten off there. I just don't feel comfortable with it.

If anyone has any suggestions -- or pics!! -- feel free t'share!

Too bad you don't trust ebay anymore. There is a member there named, LIVEONSPEED that sells some carbon fiber tails. I had them for a while, but couldn't stand how easily you could tell that the carbon fiber was fake. I just got a new black set off of him for around $95, shipped. I believe the price is the same with the carbon fiber. Thats one site that has served me well.

The other site you may want to try is www.corksport.com. They sell the Series III in black as well as carbon fiber:

http://www.corksport.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=0&mainURL=/store/index.php3?cat=288796

They sell the same item as Liveonspeed but at a higher price ($117).

I have researched a lot of places to try to find those APC Carbon Fiber Tails, but no one just seems to have any at all in stock. The styles I previously mentioned are the only ones that I have seen in stock. Good luck.

Dont even think about buying APC carbon fiber altezza... They are backorder till more than 6 month ago and APC have no released date... I have try EVERYWHERE in earth planet to find a set , no one have it in stock

SOLD OUT

heres a pic of mine

these ae the ones from liveonspeed on ebay i like them very much

Attachments

• 100_0181.JPG
    100_0181.JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 346
Rush said:
Does anyone have any other tail light suggestions that WON'T cost me as much? I'd like to avoid the bling-bling look of the chrome, I don't think it'll look right against the Titanium. Hence my liking of the dark CF.
stock is my suggestion, won't cost you a dime (lol2)
either that or just swap with a normal protege to get rid of the pink tails.

Black Majik MSP said:
Sorry, but those look like ass to me. This is what I think of everytime I see them:

fd80fa9c.jpg

That's a VW GTI tail light, but if you insist on getting these, I'll be forced to redo the picture with the Protege altezza.
everyone has their own to them, funny pic though

I just can't understand how anyone would think anything that ugly looks good on your car. Remember, different isn't ALWAYS better.

Back