Hello and Highway performance

Hello everyone,

I have been a lurker on this board for about the last month. This place ROCKS! I am always interested in upgrades to the MP3, though I am not a gear head (but I'm trying!). I hope that there are others in the Chicago Area that I can compare notes with!

Anyway, I took my MP3 out for the first time on a road trip from Chicago to Carbondale, Illinois on I-57 this past weekend. While I may be an agressive driver in the city, throwing that wonderful suspension around corners, I usually don't speed more than the average driver.

On the way back from Carbondale however, a white Corvette sped by me, as I hadn't really thrown the hammer down with my car yet, I decided to give chase (keeping a close eye on my radar detector). The MP3 accelerates so smooth up to 100 mph! I still hadn't caught up to the corvette so I gave it a bit more gas, still smooth right up through 115! I love it!

I followed that Vette for Two hours! The road manners of the MP3 at high speed are awesome. I had a really fun time driving that fast.

As an aside, the Passport 8500 radar detector rocks! I encountered about 7 State troopers, all of which I detected at 1.25+ miles. It really is worth the money I spent. Especially considering how fast I was going!

Looking forward to posting more.

LinkNParkMP3, it is always good to get more members here. The more input the better! Let me be the first to welcome you. I also lurked around for a while until I needed a question answered that no one posted about yet. Man I learned a lot here! / Now if I could only figure out how to post my crashed car pictures into my damn signiture!! :mad: If you, or anyone else for that matter, could help me out with this I'd be grateful. The full info is on the "Help! I'm computer illiterate" post. Thanks, and welcome! :D Jon.

Originally posted by LinkNParkMP3:
<STRONG>
As an aside, the Passport 8500 radar detector rocks! I encountered about 7 State troopers, all of which I detected at 1.25+ miles. It really is worth the money I spent. Especially considering how fast I was going!

Looking forward to posting more.</STRONG>

See, I told you that the Passport 8500 was worth it!! :D

SOMEONE HELP OUT LONLISLE20 I WANT TO SEE THE CRASHED MP3.
I CANT, I ONLY KNOW HOW TO TYPE AND CLICK.

HEY, another Chicago mp3 right on !Welcome to the showgram, this is the best spot for mp3 stuff and if your not carefull you could learn stuff! bye the way I sent you a pm! :eek:

Back