Headlight failure

Hello, long-time lurker. I have a 2008 manual GT (Canadian), and still love driving it, but I have a headlight issue that has got me really confused! So here is the issue, I keep burning out a passenger-side low beam. Checked for continuity across the pins of the connector, and here is where it gets weird, even when the car is off there is power. But when the ebrake is down, there is no current. It is the opposite of the driver-side, which is functioning properly. I have checked the fuses and relay, but they all check-out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

There should be current when the brake is off, when you apply the P brake, there should be none. so your DRL deactivates when the P brake is applied.

There should be current when the brake is off, when you apply the P brake, there should be none. so your DRL deactivates when the P brake is applied.

And that is what is happening for the drivers side, but the passenger side is the reverse. Crazy! It also doesn't matter whether light switch is on auto or manual selection.

Any other ideas?

This is happening to my CX9 2015. I have only had it a year in July, but have burned out 3 bulbs on the passenger side.

Just started looking for a fix.

So, when the parking brake is up, the DRL/low beams should shut off automatically. as for what is wrong with your electronic system, i cannot make any comments on that.

Back