Headflow numbers

YelloTerbo5

:
03 P5
I was wondering if anyone has our stock headflow numbers. I was also wondering some of the numbers that people have gotten from our worked heads, i.e. oversized valves, portwork. I just wanted to know in the general area that we are standing at for numbers. Thanks a lot guys!

because of the large differences in the stock casting quality, i don't think stock numbers for one head will be very close to stock numbers for another head. i don't recall very many peep's getting thier head flowed, either.

njaremka said:
because of the large differences in the stock casting quality, i don't think stock numbers for one head will be very close to stock numbers for another head. i don't recall very many peep's getting thier head flowed, either.

Just from the castings which are not the highest quality for 99% of manufacturers, they are still going to be pretty close. I'm talking give or take 5 CFM unless there is something very wrong with one. I'm trying to get some ideas from people who have actually gotten head work done. The better machinists that do headwork will put the head on a flow bench before and after the work is done, so I was just wondering if anyone has some numbers with a brief description of what all was done to the head.

Latest posts

Back