Head/Foglight Covers

MM3Canuck

:
2007 Mazda3 GT, Galaxy Grey
I have been looking for Head and Foglight covers, the 3M stuff.

Anyone knows where I can get them?
I can only find the 2006 M3 covers, and they do not have the correct foglight covers.

MM3Canuck said:
I have been looking for Head and Foglight covers, the 3M stuff.

Anyone knows where I can get them?
I can only find the 2006 M3 covers, and they do not have the correct foglight covers.

Rockblocker carries the head/fog/tail covers. I don't know if they have them for the 2007 model fogs yet, but drop them an e-mail to check.

If I was to go with a smoked set of headlight covers, how much light output is lost?

Do you have a before\after pics of the lights on against a wall or something?

Its 17% light loss when using smoked films. If your light vision is important to you then do not use the smoked. I would go with the blue. Looks cool and improves the optics of the light.

RockBlocker said:
We should have these ready next week. Just in time for Christmas
how difficult is it to install the film, i wil be purchasing for the front and rear.

is it possible for you to make a cover for the light on the wing taht reads
"Mazdaspeed" the same way it reads on the lower left badge on the hatch. i made one with regular tint but it need to be metal or something because its too bright when i hti the brakes and it cant be read. ive seen something similar on srt4's it reads "srt-4" i thought it would be nice to have on the mazda

clos561 said:
how difficult is it to install the film, i wil be purchasing for the front and rear.

"Mazdaspeed" the same way it reads on the lower left badge on the hatch. i made one with regular tint but it need to be metal or something because its too bright when i hti the brakes and it cant be read. ive seen something similar on srt4's it reads "srt-4" i thought it would be nice to have on the mazda

Please read our how-to guide on the site

Howto

Our film is not made light window tint so you are unable to cut if like vinyl to read what you want it to say. use black vinyl then it will be dark enough to read

I got the blue tinted ones for my headlights and yellow for my fogs, very happy with them.
I should probably get a set for the tails soon. :)

clos561 said:

It is a PAIN to install these films i just did mine a few days ago, but had to take em off cause the melted on me (sitting in traffic for 1 1/2)

The fogs go on easy, but the headlights are very difficult and time consuming.
The curve part of the headlight is the most difficult part.

Joshman, I saw your pics, looks good. Love the blue.

Next summer I am going to give it another try. It will be the blue tinted ones with blue fogs.

For those that want technical help and guidance please contact us. The installation is only as hard as you make it to be. Heads and tails usually are more difficult, but we can help you do it

Whats the legality of having tinted headlight covers? Anyone happen to know? It doesnt say anything on CHP's site, but im going to assume its probably similar to tinted windows, in that its probably not monitered too much unless you are already pulled over and they are trying to stick you with more infractions..

RockBlocker said:
For those that want technical help and guidance please contact us. The installation is only as hard as you make it to be. Heads and tails usually are more difficult, but we can help you do it

I will be ordering some in the next summer, and I will need ALL the help/tips/tricks I can get!!!!

WetsuitxNinja said:
Whats the legality of having tinted headlight covers? Anyone happen to know? It doesnt say anything on CHP's site, but im going to assume its probably similar to tinted windows, in that its probably not monitered too much unless you are already pulled over and they are trying to stick you with more infractions..

Im not sure, but I dont think any kind of tinting is allowed on the headlights at night. Day time u can do what you want.

just some info for you guys.
It is legal to put the overlays on your headlights and tail lights as long as it doesnt change the color of the light output. I know cause some cop training a rookie stopped me and when the rookie checked, he said "Nope, it doesnt change the color...." Also i assume that they must not reduce the light output significantly either.
They are a bit difficult to put on, but if you follow the instructions it is not bad. I messed up the first one, but i learned quickly the effect of heat and soapy water. It made it really easy to bend the film around edges and to correct it on the fly. I have had them on my car for over a year and i love it. I have the tail lights, head lights and fog lights done.

Back