Hartford Liberty Mazda Feedback

chinq6t

:
2014 CX5 GT AWD
Just a bit of ongoing experience. I'm currently in the process of finishing up a purchase of a 2014 CX5.

Things aren't going so smoothly, but it's not the worst.

After negotiations on my trade in and the price of the vehicle, I told the finance guy that I wanted to know their financing rate before I commit so I can shop around. Unfortunately the rate isn't available until the vehicle is in inventory for the VIN#. So I asked once you get the VIN you'll let me know the rate and then I can reject your financing if isn't favorable, correct? He said, Yes. I ended up getting approved for an auto loan from my credit union. Their rate is advertised right on their website.

After the storm hit us I receive an e-mail saying my vehicle has landed and that my bank ended up being Bank of America. Confused, I asked why do I already have a lender? My salesman said he'd get back to me, and when he did the bank changed to TD Bank at a rate of x%. I said I never agreed to finance with them and had my own lender with a better rate. So they called me in to submit the preapproved check that my credit union issued me for processing. Turns out the funds weren't able to transfer just yet (this was Friday 4pm). They gave me back the check and my car wouldn't be able to be picked up the next day because I didn't finance through them, rendering a wasted trip.

Now we were made to schedule an appointment to go through extra paperwork because we're financing through my own lender. Why couldn't we go through the paperwork then and there? IDK, it was an hour before they closed and the supervisors were probably not in.

Once the funds are processed, then am I able to drive my new car home, overall 2 extra visits are required. They still need to prep the car for me.

It's a small hassle but a hassle nonetheless and it's a bit frustrurating when they don't anticipate customer's perspective to make this purchase a smooth and efficient transaction.

What Liberty Mazda could've done differently for my customer experience is to communicate what my options are rather than moving forward without notice and also accommodate what I am likely to prefer in terms of financing and coming into the dealership for meaningful progress. Let's just see how the next 2 visits go.

Last edited:
Bought a used 5spd violet grey 2007 mazda6i grand touring there and it was such a painful experience, they sucked. The car was worth all the bull they put me through but I wanted to give up so badly every step was painful: test drive (they had the car in for front bumper paint when I scheduled my test drive), financing (they took forever and had so many hold ups), customer service (every time I visited most of the employees there were texting on their phones and seemed half brain dead).

I also went to them few times with My MX-3 to fix my automatic seatbelt which had lifetime recall, they gave me so much resistance before finally agreeing to fix it and then broke my door panel while installing.

Good luck with your sale, good thing is when you finally drive off with your Mazda from that place its a liberating experience to finally see Liberty Mazda in your rearview mirror!

What they should of done was give you a bill of sale and a copy of the purchase order to take to your credit union. I haven't heard the best of experiences from the Liberty Auto Group. It happens. Sorry you had to go through it, I hope you enjoy your Mazda though!

Back