Hankook Ventus V12 EVO are done

Wurf

:
2010 CX9 Blue
I had to check my posts to confirm but I put these tires on the car April of 2011 and they are roached as of today.
They are down to the wear bars on all four and a little past them on the fronts. I did not keep track but I probably got 24k miles out of them and could get away with another 5k or so on the rear pair as long as it didn't rain! They slip to much accelerating and take the fun out of the car now. To be honest, once they started slipping last spring, I abused them with the knowledge I was going to toss them this fall anyway.

While I had them, they gave great handling and braking grip, very good forward traction until about 15K miles when they started slipping more easily in 1st and 2nd. They never got out of round, became noisy, wore unevenly, or anything irritating like that so I was pleased from those standpoints. It's hard to justify buying another set though and I'll probably go with a high performance all season that has a higher UTQG rating next year.

Anybody has tire recommendations to follow up this post, feel free.

Thanks

If cost is not a factor, consider Yokohama Advan Neova AD08, my choice. They are, however, top tier summer tires. Probably the best combo of uber dry traction and tread wear. These tires stick. I drive this car hard, have 37,000 miles on them, and can probably make it to Spring before replacing them. They are a bit noisy than some, but I'll take that penalty in exchange for the grip.

If you drive in the wet a lot, the Bridgestone RE-11's are a bit better in the rain.

I don't skimp on tires. They are the only thing that connects you to the road.

BTW: You are likely to be disappointed with all season tires. I tried a set of what was supposed to be the best ultra high performance/max performance A/S tires, Pirelli P Zero Neros. Great wet grip, great ratings, great tread wear, but way below summer tires in dry traction. I could light them up in 2nd gear just by going full throttle and they would burn all the way through 3rd gear if I flat shifted 2-3. Not for FWD cars with more than 250 whp and a driver with a heavy right foot.

Last edited:
If cost is not a factor, consider Yokohama Advan Neova AD08, my choice. They are, however, top tier summer tires. Probably the best combo of uber dry traction and tread wear. These tires stick. I drive this car hard, have 37,000 miles on them, and can probably make it to Spring before replacing them. They are a bit noisy than some, but I'll take that penalty in exchange for the grip.

If you drive in the wet a lot, the Bridgestone RE-11's are a bit better in the rain.

I don't skimp on tires. They are the only thing that connects you to the road.

BTW: You are likely to be disappointed with all season tires. I tried a set of what was supposed to be the best ultra high performance/max performance A/S tires, Pirelli P Zero Neros. Great wet grip, great ratings, great tread wear, but way below summer tires in dry traction. I could light them up in 2nd gear just by going full throttle and they would burn all the way through 3rd gear if I flat shifted 2-3. Not for FWD cars with more than 250 whp and a driver with a heavy right foot.

That's about where these tires were at for traction 10K miles ago. Props to you for being able to flat foot 2-3 shift.
Thanks for the feedback on the all seasons too. I'm running the Michelin x-ice 2 snows now and they are hooking better than the worn Hankooks did all summer! I have all winter to think about it I guess.

Back