Haltech e6x with MSD Blaster Coil 8239

kasmankk

:
Ford Lynx RS 2.0L
Hi:

I need some advice here. I can't get a spark after replacing the stock coil to MSD Blaster Coil #8239. See Pic below.
Do i need to make changes to the haltech igition setup or i need to install and ig module in between haltech and the coil to make it works?
By the way, i do have DIS-2 ig module, but i have not install it yet.
I'm just curious why the coil won't fire up if hook up directly for e6x ?

Attachments

• MSD8239Coil.jpg
    MSD8239Coil.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 197
Ya, since the stock ignition system is a waste spark system, I thin kthe E6X is setup for that on the Protege. That might have somethign to do with it...

Maxx Mazda said:
Ya, since the stock ignition system is a waste spark system, I thin kthe E6X is setup for that on the Protege. That might have somethign to do with it...

I got an loaner haltech e6x, and i got it working with MSD DIS-2 and MSD Blaster Coil. I screwed-up the first time because i hook it up directly to the coil without DIS-2 . And, haltech ignition has to be set to contact duty 40% and rising edge trigger.

Last edited:
The same thing happened to me when I was attempting to install the J&S Safeguard with my Haltech E6X. One of the pins got plugged into the wrong port on the harness of the J&S.... Fried a ignition driver on the Haltech I believe.

Back