Guys lets jump on this

DSMConvert

AWD...say Bye Bye
:
Titanium MS6
Mike Bennett is again trying to get this bill passed. Its time to let those morons know that the fast lane is for fast drivers, NOT idiots who think they have a right to be there just b/c they pay taxes... Oponents say its the fast drivers that cause accidents, but we all know that its the slow drivers that back up traffic and cause the fast drivers to have to go around them. Even if you can't do anything, at the very least send this guy an email and let him know we stand behind him on this.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/ind...1&BI_Mode=ViewBillInfo&Year=2007&BillNum=0536

DSMConvert said:
Mike Bennett is again trying to get this bill passed. Its time to let those morons know that the fast lane is for fast drivers, NOT idiots who think they have a right to be there just b/c they pay taxes... Oponents say its the fast drivers that cause accidents, but we all know that its the slow drivers that back up traffic and cause the fast drivers to have to go around them. Even if you can't do anything, at the very least send this guy an email and let him know we stand behind him on this.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/ind...1&BI_Mode=ViewBillInfo&Year=2007&BillNum=0536

My thoughts on this is if you or your car can not maintain the speed limit you should now be allowed on the road.

why cant people just under stand that it says speed LIMIT not speed SUGGESTION!!! If I am on a road or highway and the sign says 65 guess what I do, 65!! It's the freaking law drive what the sign says. There is no "fast lane" or "slow lane". Thats some made up bullcrap by people who are in to much of a hurry. And yes most of the time it's them that causes the accidents. No I dont condole granny driving in the LEFT lane at 55 when the sign says 65. Maybe if these "fast lane" drivers left the house 10 minutes earlier I wouldnt have to worry about tail gaters. I honestly drive in the LEFT lane to piss off people who think they are above the law and can do more than the speed limit.

EDIT: I know this post will piss some people off, becuase they think they are above the law. For those that it does, good it should it was meant to. For those that obey traffic laws, kudos to you.

Last edited:
So by 'slow drivers', are you people talking about those travelling well below the speed limit? Or those doing the limit?

Hopefully it's the former, otherwise this bill is wholly retarded...

If there are 3 lanes of traffic why must you do the speed limit in the left lane as opposed to the other 2 lanes? Is it prettier than the rest or something? You have the right to drive whatever speed you deem appropriate...so what gives you the right to hinder my ability to do so just b/c you want to be an ass? I don't condone doing 100+mph down the interstate...but it really pisses me off when I want to do 80 and all 3 lanes of traffic are doing side by side 70 just b/c you want to prove a point. You want to do speed limit thats fines stay in the right 2 lanes...let the faster cars by, its the courteous thing to do. On that note what makes you the supreme commander of the road? How do you know that my child isn't in the hospital dying? How do you know I'm not an off duty officer trying to get to a crime scene? My father didn't get to watch his mother pass away b/c an asshole like you decided he should only do 65 on 275 5yrs ago...but guess it doesnt matter huh? should of left 10minutes earlier(I was in the car, she passed away 6 minutes before we got there)... Point is I show the slower driver's respect, I dont ride their asses, I dont flash my lights...all I ask is that they show me the same courtesy...if they see me coming up fast, simply switch lanes for a brief minute and let me by...share the road, dont try to own it. The autobahn has this rule and they have the lowest death rate of any superhighway in the world...the rule works, its drivers not willing to give it a chance that dont..

The whole point is, if I'm doing the legal speed limit why should I have to switch lanes to make it easier for someone who decides to break the law and do above the legal limit? Here in NC it's some sort of unspoken law that it's ok to do 5 over on normal roads and 10 over on the highway. I dont think it's ok and never ever will, therefore I will obey the speed limit in the left lane which is the lane I prefer to drive in and no not to just piss the speeders off. It's plain and simple that's the lane I like to drive in.

And for this comment:You have the right to drive whatever speed you deem appropriate... please oh please get me a video of you telling an officer or a judge this I would really like to see it, the expression on their face would be priceless.

you clearly stated in your first post you do it to piss people off...either make up your mind or edit your post! Secondly take your "I don't break the law" and shove it! This was taken DIRECTLY from your racing post:

We went from a 30 roll by the end of second gear I had him by a fender, end of third gear I had him by 1/2 car by the end of fourth I had him by a full car. I shut down at 130 and had him by a smidge more than a car.

Never break the speed limit huh? How bout you show me that speed limit sign you passed doing 130? People like you are full of yourself. Get off your holier than than horse and move the hell over... Any other BS you wanna try to throw by me? I stand behind my statements, how bout you try to do the same.

That attitude will get you killed in certain parts of Florida! Truckers will squash you as well. Your tombstone will say:

He died unecessarily but held firm to his principles. RIP slowpoke.

(rlaugh) awesome
DAWIV said:
That attitude will get you killed in certain parts of Florida! Truckers will squash you as well. Your tombstone will say:

He died unecessarily but held firm to his principles. RIP slowpoke.

lol I love that...recently I went to GA and on the way back I got to see that sign for the first time "Warning: Floridians can use deadly force!" bahahahaha
DSMConvert said:
hehe it isn't the right to use deadly force state for nothing :p

DSMConvert said:
We went from a 30 roll by the end of second gear I had him by a fender, end of third gear I had him by 1/2 car by the end of fourth I had him by a full car. I shut down at 130 and had him by a smidge more than a car.

Never break the speed limit huh? How bout you show me that speed limit sign you passed doing 130? People like you are full of yourself. Get off your holier than than horse and move the hell over... Any other BS you wanna try to throw by me? I stand behind my statements, how bout you try to do the same.

owned-baby.jpg

blthlt said:
The whole point is, if I'm doing the legal speed limit why should I have to switch lanes to make it easier for someone who decides to break the law and do above the legal limit?

Because you are creating an unsafe situation by blocking the smooth flow of traffic. In some states, you can get a ticket for that. People who block the left lane are the worst.

I don't know how the law is worded in FL, but I know in CT and I believe in NY, the law is that you must stay to the right except to pass. If you aren't passing, get out of the way. Traffic jams are caused by idiots who can't grap these simple concepts.

we have signs posted that say "Slower Traffic keep right"

Kansei said:
Because you are creating an unsafe situation by blocking the smooth flow of traffic. In some states, you can get a ticket for that. People who block the left lane are the worst.

I don't know how the law is worded in FL, but I know in CT and I believe in NY, the law is that you must stay to the right except to pass. If you aren't passing, get out of the way. Traffic jams are caused by idiots who can't grap these simple concepts.

I'm interested to see how this guy defends his position now.

Jomo, where did you get that clip with the paddle? I know the guys in Chatanooga that filmed that. I remember almost falling out of my chair from laughter the first time I was shown that video.

evilmonkeyMSP said:
we have signs posted that say "Slower Traffic keep right"

As does CT so I'm guessing that's how your law is too. I wish the traffic flow in Rochester was smoother, because I really, really don't like passing people on the right (but at times it is unavoidable) because it's a pretty unsafe maneuver for a few reasons.

http://www.driverightpassleft.com/

"Governor Bush vetoed SB732, which would have reserved the left lane for passing, saying that drivers blocking the left lane are "cautious and careful.""

nice I finally found the NYS traffic laws that pertain to this, the link on the driverightpassleft site wasn't working anymore.

"(b) In addition, upon all roadways, any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway."

"
(a) The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall pass to the left thereof at a safe distance and shall not again drive to the right side of the roadway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle.
(b) Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on audible signal and shall not increase the speed of his vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle."

so I have nothing to fight, those laws are pretty damn good. I'll chirp my horn, and they'll move out of my way.. oh wait, they won't, you chirp your horn or flash your lights and they'll most likely lock up their brakes and make it impossible for you to pass them ever. bunch of assholes on the roads here.

Back