guage ring

jster28

:
00 civic ex
The other day i found my guage rings from my old Honda civic hatchback in the garage. And i thought that they might fit my protege. So i took them and tried it out on my old cluster to see what they looked like. they dont fit, but they fit inside the rings. What do you guys think. Looks retard or not??

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 802
if you could space the speedometer ring so it's even, i doubt anyone would know they weren't made for the protege.

Yeah that looks pretty cool. Are there any companies that make a kit for the protege or is it pretty much a custom job?

D-rock240 said:
Yeah that looks pretty cool. Are there any companies that make a kit for the protege or is it pretty much a custom job?

Not that i know of. These ring were made reactive for a civc. Pretty much to have to custom make them. I'm going to trying to fab up my own.

Good luck. I definitely want to see some pics if you are successful. I am also going to look into making/getting someone to make them.

the fitting is terrible?..especially on the gas side, the ring covers the tank slightly...It just doesn't look clean..

I will post pics if i am successful. going to get some measurements and see what i can fab up in the mechanical engineering department at school when i go back in august.

Good idea but fitment issues are there and plus you would have to find a way to keep those rings in place without falling out on ya. If you want nice rings for the Protege cluster, contact DaveB here on the forums. He is famous on these forums for his cluster rings. Just as an example, browse through my homepage....I have 2 or 3 pix of the rings on my cluster.

J dragon said:
the fitting is terrible?..especially on the gas side, the ring covers the tank slightly...It just doesn't look clean..

Of course not, but it would be nice to have ones sized for the protege. My brother's 6s has them but the gauges are too big to use.

Edit: And I was too late to get a set of DaveB's. I will be watching for the ********** GB though.

Last edited:
Back