Grounding Kit / Voltage Stabilizer?

TRUE

:
2004 Mazda 3 Sport
Are these things any good? Do they perform like they claim? Any noticeable differences out of them? Im looking in to getting one, whats a good one/brand to get? Are they worth it? ( ahahah million questions sorry :( )

(im assuming a grounding kit and voltage stabilizer are the same thing just 2 different names lol, please correct me if im wrong)

I have one on my other car and I cant tell. Some people swear to them and theres dyno charts showing improvements but I dunno I'd put my money elsewhere first. BTW mine is a sun automotive.

hmm....thats interesting. well i have all the parts i "want" but i figured this might help lol. well i mean OF COURSE theres parts i want, but i mean right now within my budget and all that good crap lol

I think they are kinda like a placibo for a hypakondriac. And yes I probably mispelled that. LOL.

haha! i love the spelling! good stuff, well dude alot of people have good stuff to say about them? (dunno)

maybe 240s handle them differently then mz3? any one with a mazda 3 have experience with these?

no offense, your 240 help is appreciated! hehe :)

Last edited:
  • A 'Voltage Stablizer' is essential 1 or more capacitors that are installed across the terminals of the battery to filter any ripple coming off the alternator. I don't buy it! <- Pun. The battery is doing that already.
  • A 'Grounding Kit' is a bunch of wires that are installed at various engine/body locations and run back to a distribution plate or block that is tied to the ground post of the battery. The purpose of which is to provide stronger ground paths from various body locations to ease the travel of current back to ground for the electronics.

I've done multiple ground points on another vehicle with acceptable results. The existing ground cable was attached to two locations - body & transmission.

Essentially I installed pre-cut & pre-ended cables of various lengths than ran as follows. Battery -> original body ground location -> front of cylinder head -> original transmission ground location -> back of cylinder -> new body location on other side of car. I know now how overkill it was to have 3 points on the engine/transmission, so if I did this to the Mz5, I would install 1 on the engine/transmission & 2 on the body.

My motivation was after installing a crank UDP, the charging system was struggling a little at idle that was evident with the headlights dimming when the a/c was running. After installing such cabling the issue was almost completely resolved.

I showed my auto guy the Buddy Club voltage stabilizer, he said if you are gonna get one of those just save your money and get an OPTIMA YellowTop, I did and that battery is awesome!

Voltage stabalizers. They used like four different ones. Sorry I dont have a link.(dunno) But they all gained maybe 1hp. And the sun auto was the best one they tried.

One main reason everyone has a grounding kit or volatege stab is just to help out with the drive by wire in the Mazdas, just to allow smoother voltages. I have a voltage stab and I don't notice to much of a difference, so its up to you if you want to buy it or not. If you really want to be cheap, you can just make it yourself lol.

well i dont wanna waste any money if it aint a noticeable improvement of something! alot of people say they dont do crap. so its prolly out of the question for me lol

like clearly an intake or cbe will add a gain, if a grounding kit is a "some times" or next to nothing, than no lol

I have the sun automotive brand voltage stabilizer/grounding kit. Had since I've owned my car. Honestly can't tell If it does anything. But I'm sure it does what it's supposed to do.

Latest posts

Back