Ground Wires Revisited

Coqui258

Contributor
:
2003 Black Mica Protege5
So ok... last year this was the big topic of discussion on this forum about grounding wires. (now it's about headers, etc...) So anyway, I just wanted to throw this out there to you guys and gals. Do you still think that the grounding wires are doing any good performance wise? Sorry to awaken an old ghost, but what do you think?

For those who don't konw about grounding wires.... they are thick wires that run throughout the engine for better grounding... which makes less resistance (?) which is good for the car.

I have a HyperGround kit on mine. I like it a lot. As far as noticeable performace gains, I can't say it's a killer mod for HP gains. The HyperGround Kit does have dyno's to prove as much as a 10hp gain on some cars. Maybe it's doing something like that on my P5, but most noteably, I see a better idle response and less power drop when things like the fans and A/C compressor kick on. Also, if you have a big sound system, I would HIGHLY recommend one!

Hope that helps.

zcast

DIY grond wire
Spent only $20 CAD
11' of 4 gauge wires
7 gounding point
12 gold plated terminals
excellent sauderin' technique needed

in conclusion:
More throttle response, idle much quite....
when drivin' for more than 15min....i'm idlin' @ 500 @ stops.
lights don't dim when subwoofer kicks in

faec82b8.jpg

ignor the unclean engine bay...

got hooked up w/ my local car shop,
bag of 20 for $20,
12 for $12
picked up 4 gauge wires from their scrap boxes

I bought
12' of 4 gauge wiring for $1.50 a foot = $18 CDN
12 RT4's for $1.00 ea = $12 CDN

Total $30 CDN + my time.

The car idles about 200rpm lower than it used to idle. Don't know about HP gains. The lights don't dim nearly as much as they used to. I also upgraded the battery while I was at it.

Any way of getting 12 shipped to the US?

yelomp5 said:
got hooked up w/ my local car shop,
bag of 20 for $20,
12 for $12
picked up 4 gauge wires from their scrap boxes

Back