Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
What do you guys think of this?
EXE42421150001_zps359597f0.jpg

About $800 shipped. 250 is shipping and doesn't require a new bumper like the other ones. The stock grill leaves much to be desired and the shipping isn't as high as some other parts.

They have an intereresting selection here (shipping cost prohibitive) Wanna s[end 7k+ on brakes for 20-30k car? lol. http://usa.auto-style.jp/?pkey=parts_free_word&id=&page=1&max=20&free_text=cx-5

In my opinion, I don't like it, makes it look like it has a bird's beak!

it looks ok to me but i rather have oem & not worth the money or effort. for some reason, i don't know why (more horizontal front lines maybe?), it reminds me of a pt cruiser.

AutoExe is not your typical ebay cheapo parts maker. Hence the high price and exchange rates from Japan (including shipping costs). Not a fan of that AutoExe grill though.

My opinion : looks like a duck and I will disown that car. Is that the new fleet of Duck Tours in Boston?

Last edited:
oh dear. me no likee. Someone's been playing angry birds a bit too much. the top part of the grill is the same shape as the original grill, in needs to be thinner. something like the new mazda 6 grill would be much better.

Millions of dollars of wind tunnel testing by Mazda wasted a bit...

Frankly, I'd not use it even if they had paid me $800 to do so....

To each their own, but the Mazda grille has more of a truck/SUV look and that is part of the appeal for me. The grille in that picture has an older luxury car look.

Does anyone know places where they sell these kind of grill for Mazda CX-5 2013? The picture is from concept version. The horizontal grill looks better on 2014 Mazda 6 and the new CX-9.

Attachments

• 2012-Mazda-CX-5_9.jpg
    2012-Mazda-CX-5_9.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 2012-Mazda-CX-5_2.jpg
    2012-Mazda-CX-5_2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
While the grille you show is nice, I prefer the original. In my opinion the grill/front end of a vehicle is a major focal point and if I didn't like the look of it from the factory I probably would not have purchased the car. I think you either like the looks of the car the way it comes from the factory or you don't. I have never considered making that kind of a purchase for a new car and doubt that I ever will.

Does anyone know places where they sell these kind of grill for Mazda CX-5 2013? The picture is from concept version. The horizontal grill looks better on 2014 Mazda 6 and the new CX-9.

These are nice - the horizontal does look good. The one the OP linked though is not my taste.

Back