greddy e-manange for P5?

mazdaspeed777 said:
Well dang! If the Greddy does timing a fuel that sounds good to me. I even saw extra harness you can get for the injectors and others parts for the Greddy E-manage on ebay. Plus you can get these Greddy E-manage units brand new on ebay for pretty cheap.
indeed
biggest problem is going to be a lack of support
microtech ecu's are found in dozens and dozens of our cars around the world..... you can't buy that kind of knowledge base :)

but yeah
whatever floats your boat :)

LordWorm said:
just PM Sleepy :)

i don't know enough about the e-manage, and, because it works on an audm version of the car doesn't guarentee you'll have the same success on the US version of the car..... the sensors are different...you're best bet is to speak with him.

Personally, the microtech is the best option - you've got far greater flexibility, lots of addons you can get (wideband logging, data logging onboard, direct ignition, etc)

But i'm a little bias towards the microtech =)

well i was reading about the greddy system and it does have wideband logging and data logging. im going to try to find as much as possible about it. the price on it is great!

ok i have been doing research and i want to clear up something. the greddy emanage does not come with anything. so when you buy the management system, you still have to buy the injector harness, if you want to tune the fuel, the ignition harness, if you want to tune timming, and the software. the prices on the ********** website, are
emanage 280
harnesses 40 each
software 100

so all of that added up, everything comes out to 480 bucks! even though that seems like alot and a scam from greddy, i still think thats a great deal, so im probably going to order that and take a shot with it.

i want your opinions!!!!!

jamesk said:
ok i have been doing research and i want to clear up something. the greddy emanage does not come with anything. so when you buy the management system, you still have to buy the injector harness, if you want to tune the fuel, the ignition harness, if you want to tune timming, and the software. the prices on the ********** website, are
emanage 280
harnesses 40 each
software 100

so all of that added up, everything comes out to 480 bucks! even though that seems like alot and a scam from greddy, i still think thats a great deal, so im probably going to order that and take a shot with it.

i want your opinions!!!!!

Keep us updated if you go through with the purchase. I might get one of these some day. Also I have looked a ebay a few times and they sell the extra stuff pretty cheap in some cases so you might want to check that out.

i've been reading up on the e-manage also. it doesn't sound like that bad of a system. seems like you could get a decent bang for the buck out of it. the advantage is definately the cost but it doesn't seem to have a lot of features though. for example, it seems to have only one 16X16 ignition timing map. is that based on rpm or load?

i know for NA applications, the objective is to cut down fuel and advance the timming as much as possible. the thing i dont get is, does anybody know how you know that limit? i mean i have the wideband, so i know if im running to lean. what about advance timming? can you get too advnaced? it would knock right?

and how do the fuel and ignition maps work? is it rpm or load?

jamesk said:
i know for NA applications, the objective is to cut down fuel and advance the timming as much as possible. the thing i dont get is, does anybody know how you know that limit? i mean i have the wideband, so i know if im running to lean. what about advance timming? can you get too advnaced? it would knock right?

and how do the fuel and ignition maps work? is it rpm or load?
timing is a fun thing to tune :p

i'm running a very mild timing map (infact, i believe the lions share of my power is coming from fuel, because my timing is not THAT angry - i run high octane fuel so i could afford to beef it up)

the old way of doing it would be get the thing on the dyno, get a guy under the bonnet with a listening device (stethescope, ear on the end of a screwdriver touching the block, or a set of suitably modified headphones) - and test the car at all load and rpm points....the first audible sound of knocking, and you've gone too far, so take about 4 degrees out... there are FAR more accurate ways of doing it - after market knock detectors like the J&S safe guard (pm turfburn and chat to him about this....www.nsnmotorsports.com for his website....) will actually pick up a knock LONG before it is detectable by ear....and in this way you can run the thing on a knifes edge between safe and blowing the motor up.....

the engine will tend to knock at different load points as well as different RPM points - so theres a fair bit of work and stuffing around to get it happening just right. I personally recommend having your timing maps dealt with by a performance shop with a dyno...but get ready to have your car on the dyno for a few hours.....

how advance is the stock mp5 ecu at? do you know the degree for it?

what is the timming degree for the mp3 ecu? thats what i have now.

i haev the mp3 ecu. i was thinking that im going to sell the ecu and use my stock ecu when i get the greddy piggyback. how much more advanced can i make it than the mp3 ecu? are there numbers that i can go by so i dont have to take it to the dyno?

air fuel is the easy part since i have a wideband. im just concern about advancing the timming? what degree's should i be around?

jamesk said:
how advance is the stock mp5 ecu at? do you know the degree for it?

what is the timming degree for the mp3 ecu? thats what i have now.

i haev the mp3 ecu. i was thinking that im going to sell the ecu and use my stock ecu when i get the greddy piggyback. how much more advanced can i make it than the mp3 ecu? are there numbers that i can go by so i dont have to take it to the dyno?

air fuel is the easy part since i have a wideband. im just concern about advancing the timming? what degree's should i be around?
use a timing light to check your static timing
as for other timing (timing alterations applied to RPM and load) i don't know....not familiar enough with how that ecu is mapped...

timing adjustments are best left for dyno tuning. i also have a j&s so i felt comfortable enough advancing it since i'm also running 94 octane.

i was reading around, do you need a voltage 02 clamp? i heard it makes the car stay in closed loop so your able to tune it. would i need this if i bought a piggyback??

i also found this link around the forums. this really helps with the installing part because it tells you what colors and pin numbers match up with the greddy system. this link should be a sticky if it is accurate. http://www.msprotege.com/members/trbomp5/pretege wiring.pdf

btw- what is the resistor for that connects to the maf? is that part of the greddy emanagae instructions or it is something just for our cars?

i also found this link around the forums. this really helps with the installing part because it tells you what colors and pin numbers match up with the greddy system. this link should be a sticky if it is accurate. http://www.msprotege.com/members/trbomp5/pretege wiring.pdf

btw- what is the resistor for that connects to the maf? is that part of the greddy emanagae instructions or it is something just for our cars?

James,

The resistor is 1k (1/4 or 1/2 watt doesn't matter)...

The link you mentioned is accurate.

I have been thinking of de-turboing my P5, and just upgrading to the MP3 ECU it has a more aggressive timing map than the regular P5. (and using my EMB on another project).

I posted pics of the best way to install the resistor around here somewhere (direct solder on board)...

Also with a piggy back you'll want to run an O2 clamp.

Also for the EMB:

300 Main Blue unit
30 Ignition harness (you don't need the injector harness!!)
25 Map sensor (look around I use a cheap 2.5 bar ~$25, others use the GM 2bar)
20 Nokia cable ~20??
download software for free emanage yahoo groups
~$370

With the EMB gold version you can use a couple of resistors a relay using the NVCS to operate the O2 clamp (miataturbo.net has a great emanage forum)

James,

The resistor is 1k (1/4 or 1/2 watt doesn't matter)...

The link you mentioned is accurate.

I have been thinking of de-turboing my P5, and just upgrading to the MP3 ECU it has a more aggressive timing map than the regular P5. (and using my EMB on another project).

I posted pics of the best way to install the resistor around here somewhere (direct solder on board)...

Also with a piggy back you'll want to run an O2 clamp.

but the resistor in the directions, what is that for? is that part of the installation for the greddy e-manage, like do you have to do that for every car or just the mp5?

and whats a o2 clamp. i cant find it on the miata fourms. what would happen if i dont have it?

this installation seems difficult.

Also for the EMB:

300 Main Blue unit
30 Ignition harness (you don't need the injector harness!!)
25 Map sensor (look around I use a cheap 2.5 bar ~$25, others use the GM 2bar)
20 Nokia cable ~20??
download software for free emanage yahoo groups
~$370

With the EMB gold version you can use a couple of resistors a relay using the NVCS to operate the O2 clamp (miataturbo.net has a great emanage forum)

can you be more pacific on the things you need. why dont you need a injector harness? how would i tune air/fuel?

what is a map sensor? nokia cable?????

you seem to know your s***, please respond back, i would greatly appreciate it.

Back